Vikings trade WR Diggs to Bills

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

But you can’t just materialize OL and DL because that’s what you want them to take. They team attempted to trade up for an OL, but it didn’t work. After that, there wasn’t an o-lineman really worth the pick. And they ended up with the OL (Cleveland) that so many wanted for the Vikings.

The Vikings addressed their DB issues in the 1st round, so I’m not sure why you think drafting a WR was a mistake there. Especially when only 1 DB was drafted between the time the Vikings drafted Jefferson and Gladney. And Gladney was the DB just about everyone was mocking to Minnesota. 

Every year, somehow, there is not an OL worth taking in round 1, and most in round 2. Yet, other teams seem to find them....and there were starters taken after round 1...so there were OL worth taking. Every year.................taking a WR was a mistake because they aren't a throwing team, and their OL and DL stink.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Every year, somehow, there is not an OL worth taking in round 1, and most in round 2. Yet, other teams seem to find them....and there were starters taken after round 1...so there were OL worth taking. Every year.................taking a WR was a mistake because they aren't a throwing team, and their OL and DL stink.

The Vikings have taken 1st round o-linemen. They have taken 2nd round o-linemen. They have taken 3rd round o-linemen. Recently. 

So, which OL, or which DL should they have taken? 

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings have taken 1st round o-linemen. They have taken 2nd round o-linemen. They have taken 3rd round o-linemen. Recently. 

So, which OL, or which DL should they have taken? 

Everyone seemed to want the Vikings to take that offensive lineman that went to the Giants a couple of years ago..Will Hernandez...how has that worked out?

Edited by swede700

24 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Everyone seemed to want the Vikings to take that offensive lineman that went to the Giants a couple of years ago..Will Hernandez...how has that worked out?

I liked Hernandez as well, and he hasn’t done well in New York. But while people wanted the Vikings to take an OL in the 1st round that year, and were unhappy when they didn’t, the Vikings did take one in the 2nd round. A selection which likely wouldn’t have happened had they taken an OL in the 1st round. 

And the guy they took in the 2nd round has been better than any of the OL taken between that pick and their 1st round pick. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, swede700 said:

Exactly. He's the Giants' worst o-lineman right now, and that's no mean feat. 😞

Back on the subject of Diggs, he's exceeded my expectations and formed a good rapport with Josh Allen already. They're playing great ball. I'm happy for him.

Edited by y*so*blu

13 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Exactly. He's the Giants' worst o-lineman right now, and that's no mean feat. 😞

Back on the subject of Diggs, he's exceeded my expectations and formed a good rapport with Josh Allen already. They're playing great ball. I'm happy for him.

It really ticks me off because we could of had that right here. He is looking more and more like an all pro level receiver (which is what I have been saying he is all along if given opportunity) and his presence has completely changed that offense. They aren’t playing 1940s football where they run all day and launch it to thielen as if he is don hutchson to the rest of the league from time to time lol. The Bills utilize all of their skill positions, Allen gives his guys chances. From watching some of their games, he even throws ill advised  passes to diggs at some points. However, because he is an outstanding receiver that literally thrives in contested situations, he moves the chains regardless.

We literally had that right here, RIGHT in our back yard, but because we failed to open our offense and stick to run it down their throats and force to thielen attitude, that we have been displaying up until last Sunday (which I hope and pray we use jet more often as he is looking like he can be something) we traded him away. That’s why anytime I see a Diggs post I get so bothered lol. Should have never traded that kid.

Edited by Illadelegend215

2 hours ago, Illadelegend215 said:

It really ticks me off because we could of had that right here. He is looking more and more like an all pro level receiver (which is what I have been saying he is all along if given opportunity) and his presence has completely changed that offense. They aren’t playing 1940s football where they run all day and launch it to thielen as if he is don hutchson to the rest of the league from time to time lol. The Bills utilize all of their skill positions, Allen gives his guys chances. From watching some of their games, he even throws ill advised  passes to diggs at some points. However, because he is an outstanding receiver that literally thrives in contested situations, he moves the chains regardless.

We literally had that right here, RIGHT in our back yard, but because we failed to open our offense and stick to run it down their throats and force to thielen attitude, that we have been displaying up until last Sunday (which I hope and pray we use jet more often as he is looking like he can be something) we traded him away. That’s why anytime I see a Diggs post I get so bothered lol. Should have never traded that kid.

Hutson...Don Hutson.

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I miss Diggs, but I've been missing him a lot less after seeing the game Justin Jefferson had last week.  We used the pick from Diggs on him, and he is acclimating to the pro game very quickly.  It won't take him long to fill the void left by Diggs' departure.

I really hope he does man. Honestly, if he does not become in range of a top 10 receiver though, that will bother me a lot. I don’t want half of diggs’s production I want it all. As in I want him to draw doubles and still find a way to make plays. Hoping that this was not the miles austin fluke game and that he really comes out and embarrasses corners for years. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2020 at 4:14 AM, Illadelegend215 said:

Jefferson looks great, and at a fraction of the cost. Diggs was not going to play here. People really need to get over that. You don’t change your entire offensive philosophy for a wide receiver who has nagging injuries, is rather small in stature, and when you have a quarterback and offensive line who are not going to be taking seven step drops every play.

Diggs was a diva here. He’ll be a diva in Buffalo eventually. The Vikings got a great replacement AND additional picks. Great return, and it’s looking very good right now. 

Edited by wcblack34

39 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Jefferson looks great, and at a fraction of the cost. Diggs was not going to play here. People really need to get over that. You don’t change your entire offensive philosophy for a wide receiver who has nagging injuries, is rather small in stature, and when you have a quarterback and offensive line who are not going to be taking seven step drops every play.

Diggs was a diva here. He’ll be a diva in Buffalo eventually. The Vikings got a great replacement AND additional picks. Great return, and it’s looking very good right now. 

He is definitely the one bright spot out of this. Great though? I dunno, we have to see through the rest of this season

Edited by Illadelegend215