Tom Brady Announces He's Leaving New England

ramssuperbowl99

Goes to show, even the GOAT HC and Player together, couldn't outlast the nature of this industry.

Belichick is the one to make the decision and since Day 1 he's said he will always do what he thinks is best for the team. Put on the tape last season, and half of it is Brady missing receivers, the other half, receivers dropping balls and not being able to separate. The overall talent on this team needs a major overhaul beyond Brady.

Brady needs to retire. He has nothing left to give the game. He's already the best to ever do it. Putting on another jersey is pointless.

As for the Patriots, I actually think Carr is a good fit. His value is low at the moment, and his contract (for his position) is more than manageable. I think he's a good systematic fit with what McDaniels and Belichick likes to do.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Goes to show, even the GOAT HC and Player together, couldn't outlast the nature of this industry.

Belichick is the one to make the decision and since Day 1 he's said he will always do what he thinks is best for the team. Put on the tape last season, and half of it is Brady missing receivers, the other half, receivers dropping balls and not being able to separate.

Brady needs to retire. He has nothing left to give the game. He's already the best to ever do it. Putting on another jersey is pointless.

Winning a superbowl with another team like manning did is probably something he wants to do. 

1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

I agree that them combining is why we got one of if not the greatest sports dynasty/run in history. But I’m reversed on who benefited more, I think Brady made things a lot easier on BB than the other way around throughout their paired time together. It’s honestly a question we will never get a solid answer to though. 

All I can say is I enjoyed the hell out of watching it

Yeah, I agree. However, I do think that Belichick has the opportunity to change that narrative by being successful without Brady. Belichick has been a head coach for 7 seasons without Brady, and has only made the playoffs once, back when he was with the Browns. If he can show that he can do it without Brady, it would solidify his GOAT status even more.

Brady's too old now to change much about how people view him. I suppose that if Belichick wins a couple more rings without Brady, then Brady's status could take a hit. But I doubt that will happen (although as a Patriots fan I hope it does!)

The most likely result is that neither Belichick nor Brady will win any more SBs. I'd be very happy if either of them did, though, of course.

• Like 1