Titans trade Jurrell Casey

KingTitan

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Something is screwy somewhere, because while I guess there's some potential for a hurry to be subjective, they have different QB hit numbers across each year, which isn't subjective at all. Maybe just brushed aside as an error if it were a difference of 1, but PFR has Clowney with 7 more QB hits in 18 and 17 than PFF has him at.

Nevermind, didn't realize they were including an additional sack from the playoffs in that image

Edited by dtait93

8 hours ago, dtait93 said:

This is one of my favorite Casey play's of all time even though he didn't make the tackle. A true max effort legend when he could have coasted even in the dark days. I wish we won a Super Bowl with him.

marshall.0.gif

Ah, the dark days where the only player noticing a complete secondary breakdown was our 310 pound lineman.

• Like 2

This one hurts. One of the true great Titans in a long time and he gets traded for a seventh round pick. Tough pill to swallow.

I am only not outraged because there has to be some kind of plan to do this. Doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Thankful for all Casey did. What an offseason this has been for losing veteran leaders. Younger guys will need to step up.

17 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

This one hurts. One of the true great Titans in a long time and he gets traded for a seventh round pick. Tough pill to swallow.

I am only not outraged because there has to be some kind of plan to do this. Doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Thankful for all Casey did. What an offseason this has been for losing veteran leaders. Younger guys will need to step up.

It technically does make sense, Cassey isn’t a game wrecker yes he’s nice & productive but at some point you have to do what’s best for the team, he’s not worth 15 mill & we basically traded him for a 7th to a team that was willing to take his salary, because cutting him would’ve cost more in dead money.. 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

It technically does make sense, Cassey isn’t a game wrecker yes he’s nice & productive but at some point you have to do what’s best for the team, he’s not worth 15 mill & we basically traded him for a 7th to a team that was willing to take his salary, because cutting him would’ve cost more in dead money.. 

He was only going to cost 11.7m this year not 15m, and if he wasn't productive we could have just cut him next year and saved 10m iirc. This really only makes sense if we bring in someone younger and equally skilled or older and more skilled. If Clowney is the target I get less and less confident he's coming here as the hours pass...in my mind it only makes sense to have pulled the trigger on this Casey trade if we had Clowney lined up and ready to sign on the dotted line

• Like 1

Hmm I made a mock last week of a 3T to the Titans in the 1st and got crucified by like 3 Titan Fans saying Casey played so well. When I read multiple reports online beforehand saying he’s overpaid and could be moved which is why I made the pick. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Hmm I made a mock last week of a 3T to the Titans in the 1st and got crucified by like 3 Titan Fans saying Casey played so well. When I read multiple reports online beforehand saying he’s overpaid and could be moved which is why I made the pick. 

He did play well.... You making that pick last week was dumb considering everything else they need. I mean if you wanted to say you predicted he was getting traded yesterday then good for you but no one saw this coming this offseason. I think a lot of people expected at least for him to play one more season for the Titans. Taking an interior DL when you have Casey, Simmons, and Jones isn’t smart no matter which way you look at it. Obviously now, interior DL moves up in needs.

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He did play well.... You making that pick last week was dumb considering everything else they need. I mean if you wanted to say you predicted he was getting traded yesterday then good for you but no one saw this coming this offseason. I think a lot of people expected at least for him to play one more season for the Titans. Taking an interior DL when you have Casey, Simmons, and Jones isn’t smart no matter which way you look at it. Obviously now, interior DL moves up in needs.

Many reports expected it to happen though, due to his price tag, and needing to pay Tannehil and Henry.