Week 3 GDT: Denver Broncos(2-0) @ Buffalo Bills(1-1)

broncosfan07

38 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Yeah, but they seem to play tough against a good team at home, and then when NE comes to town, they lay down and die. And, NE isn't that great this year (they should have lost today). 

We've played them well recently 

Good game tho fellas

43 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Well, we are who thought we are, that's true.

We're a defensive team first and foremost. When our defense fails as they did today we won't win often. Especially on the road against a good defensive team.

We made Dennison/Taylor look like Walsh/Montana.

Accept the 35 points the offense hung on the Cowboys just last week...alas...the offense doesn't have to do that...if the offense can score more than 21 points per game...the Broncos win 90% of those games, with ease...considering our defense.  

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Well, we are who thought we are, that's true.

We're a defensive team first and foremost. When our defense fails as they did today we won't win often. Especially on the road against a good defensive team.

We made Dennison/Taylor look like Walsh/Montana.

Vance Joseph has always struggled against Tyrod Taylor. Our best offensive output came against Jospehs defense last year.

Well, we ran the ball and stopped the run. That's a positive. We didn't play a clean game though, something BroncoBruin posted we had to do.

A few major defensive breakdowns, a couple of picks and IMO one of the strangest coaching calls I've ever seen.

Down by 4, late in the 3rd, ball on our own 30 with a 4th and two.

And we try a fake punt? That was pretty nuts. I can't think of any instance where you don't punt the ball.

That was a game changer.

18 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Just saw the Von unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That's a horrendous call. Players can get into each other's faces and say whatever without getting that call. We didn't lose because of that one bad call but man there were multiple bad calls.

It was stupid situational football from Von no matter how you slice it. Players should not be in the business of leaving things up for interpretation after a must-have 3rd down stop. I get Von likes to have fun and thought it was harmless, but that's not acceptable from a captain.

Interesting how I kept hearing talk about Trevor being a "Franchise-type" QB....this is the real Siemien.IMO. Granted he's the best we got, but he still is prone to the untimely INT, his passes were consistently overthrown today, probably due to pass rush pressue he was under by the Bill front 4. Next weeks home Raiders game will tell up his future, at least for the rest of the season IMO: win, get to continue to develop, lose and we're looking for his replace (in the starting lineup anyway) in the offseason.

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Well, we ran the ball and stopped the run. That's a positive. We didn't play a clean game though, something BroncoBruin posted we had to do.

A few major defensive breakdowns, a couple of picks and IMO one of the strangest coaching calls I've ever seen.

Down by 4, late in the 3rd, ball on our own 30 with a 4th and two.

And we try a fake punt? That was pretty nuts. I can't think of any instance where you don't punt the ball.

That was a game changer.

At the time I didn't understand it and hindsight is 20/20, but I really don't fault the attempt.  Denver's offense (more importantly Siemian) was falling apart.  Looking back at it now the team needed a momentum changer.  Would I have done it?  Probably not, but I get the call and it definitely wasn't the biggest concern in why Denver lost the game.

Watson, Garcia, Siemian, Simmons, Parks.

Most of the team is playing very good football right now. These five players' bad plays have really hurt this team at times. 

The safeties in particular need to figure it out this week. No way Watson is left on an island with Mack. 

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

It was stupid situational football from Von no matter how you slice it. Players should not be in the business of leaving things up for interpretation after a must-have 3rd down stop. I get Von likes to have fun and thought it was harmless, but that's not acceptable from a captain.

My thoughts exactly.  Just a ridiculously stupid move by a guy who keeps claiming he's a leader.

I fully understand it was a petty call, but it's a rule that is enforced, there is absolutely no reason to criticize the officials on calling it, especially with the league putting an emphasis on sportsmanship.  

I compare it to a friend of mine in HS who got pulled over for going 36 in a 35 and was late to class.  He came in complaining that it was ridiculous (which it was) and our teacher said to him, "Well what is the speed limit?"  My classmate said, "35" and my teacher said, "So stop complaining, you broke the law." 

Archived