Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

What?

I'm curious...are you saying that there are no other different beliefs from one's own beliefs, or that people shouldn't be allowed to have thoughts that aren't part of the Mainstream?

I don't understand.

No, I'm saying you using the phrase "diversity of thought" to describe people who are willfully scientifically illiterate to the overwhelming mountain of evidence we have on the effectiveness of masks is hilarious.

• Like 6

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

No, I'm saying you using the phrase "diversity of thought" to describe people who are willfully scientifically illiterate to the overwhelming mountain of evidence we have on the effectiveness of masks is hilarious.

My argument is that they have a right to speak their mind (granted, in public). 

You're allowed to think whatever you want on masks. That's okay.

Doing it in a private business usually doesn't end well though.

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

What?

I'm curious...are you saying that there are no other different beliefs from one's own beliefs, or that people shouldn't be allowed to have thoughts that aren't part of the Mainstream?

I don't understand.

Not everything is an opinion or open to interpretation, even if the answers contradict your personal view on the subject. Some things aren’t “beliefs”, they’re established facts.

For example, wearing masks reduces the spread of droplet based infections.  Or, private business have the right to require masks for service/entry.

People are debating that don’t have a “differing view”, they’re misinformed.

“In my opinion” is absolutely irrelevant when discussing facts.

• Like 6

There's a difference between saying, "I disagree with these people but Ben Franklin decided they have the right to spout unscientific horsecrap and recruit people into their cult" and trying to pretend that they're contributing anything of value by using phrases like "diversity of thought".

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There's a difference between saying, "I disagree with these people but Ben Franklin decided they have the right to spout unscientific horsecrap and recruit people into their cult" and trying to pretend that they're contributing anything of value by using phrases like "diversity of thought".

Do you think they should not be allowed to speak on the issue then?

Do you think they should not be allowed to speak on the issue then?

Being allowed to speak and having their opinion be considered worthwhile are 2 different things.

The schizophrenic homeless person can speak on whatever he likes, that’s absolutely his right, but I don’t have to accept it as reasonable.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not everything is an opinion or open to interpretation, even if the answers contradict your personal view on the subject. Some things aren’t “beliefs”, they’re established facts.

For example, wearing masks reduces the spread of droplet based infections.  Or, private business have the right to require masks for service/entry.

People are debating that don’t have a “differing view”, they’re misinformed.

“In my opinion” is absolutely irrelevant when discussing facts.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

• Like 2

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not talking about in here. Personally. I know a lot that are ok with it. 

I mean, looting is not as bad as the incident that started the looting, so I guess it depends on the context of the discussion.

I don’t endorse it, I would never do it, but I’m not gonna pretend that’s on the top of my list of concerns either.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, looting is not as bad as the incident that started the looting, so I guess it depends on the context of the discussion.

I don’t endorse it, I would never do it, but I’m not gonna pretend that’s on the top of my list of concerns either.

And the riots?

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Sure, but the issue is this isn't an opinion-based argument. You want to talk pro-life, sure thats an opinion based stance. You're literally arguing with science if you're an anti-mask clown.

• Like 3