Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

15 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Honestly, miserable. I haven’t slept a full night in a few days, and I’ve been sleeping on the couch. It’s a little hard to breathe. At first I thought I was just retaining water in my chest due to heart failure but my test came back and that explains the breath shortness and the exhaustion. I threw up a few days ago, and I lost my voice, haven’t been able to talk since and my throat is hella sore

Aren't you the guy planning an upcoming wedding and trip to Hawaii ?
Good luck for a full recovery

8 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Aren't you the guy planning an upcoming wedding and trip to Hawaii ?
Good luck for a full recovery

Yup. That’s me.

Rona Log:

It still sucks. Nausea is annoying. I wish I could sleep through the night. I’ll say this, when I had the flu it felt worse BUT this has definitely wrecked my breathing.

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

yup, and there's a fair chance it will take awhile to return to normal  - but hopefully just in time for your wedding night  :)

She knows what to expect. Lol. I’ve still got 4 months.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theJ said:

Some areas are spiking, while others are declining.  Honestly the country is so large, with such a big population that's so spread out that it's hard to boil down a whole country to a single number.

It started on the coasts and worked it's way inward, and I wouldn't be surprised if it works it's way back out again if people aren't careful.  The good news is that the coastal states are (mostly) well-practiced at what they are doing by now.  We're also reaching the point where people would be starting to see symptoms if they were out in their community protesting.  

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but at my wife's hospital they have seen the best results with heated, high-flow oxygen. A regular old nasal cannula, but there's another mask (i don't recall the terminology she used for the mask), and they increase the amount of oxygen being used, and use heated/humid air. They have seen better patient outcomes and shorter hospital stays than with the population on ventilators. Again, this is on the south side of Chicago, at one of the two Chicagoland hospitals that were hit the hardest. They had expanded/converted 4 units to negative pressure ICU wards and are back down to a single ICU with a pretty typical census - only 4 COIVD patients in her unit, and empty beds some days.

Obviously this is anecdotal as it's restricted to one hospital, but thought I would share. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but at my wife's hospital they have seen the best results with heated, high-flow oxygen. A regular old nasal cannula, but there's another mask (i don't recall the terminology she used for the mask), and they increase the amount of oxygen being used, and use heated/humid air. They have seen better patient outcomes and shorter hospital stays than with the population on ventilators. Again, this is on the south side of Chicago, at one of the two Chicagoland hospitals that were hit the hardest. They had expanded/converted 4 units to negative pressure ICU wards and are back down to a single ICU with a pretty typical census - only 4 COIVD patients in her unit, and empty beds some days.

Obviously this is anecdotal as it's restricted to one hospital, but thought I would share. 

Sounds like a CPAP machine, but probably one that is on plenty of steroids.  

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It started on the coasts and worked it's way inward, and I wouldn't be surprised if it works it's way back out again if people aren't careful.  The good news is that the coastal states are (mostly) well-practiced at what they are doing by now.  We're also reaching the point where people would be starting to see symptoms if they were out in their community protesting.  

Unfortunately, here in Rochester,NY- people are losing focus now that the bars are opening. Honestly, I believe we'll be seeing surges of this crummy little ba***** when an area pushes it's boundaries with opening bars. It may take a month or so, but I believe the cases will start to surge again even on the coasts. That being said, hopefully those 'super spreaders' will become more and more scarce. 

There were a few graphs showing how Corona may spread:

One was a huge wave, followed by a mild summer, and another huge wave in the fall.

I don't think this will be the case.

The other graph showed a huge first wave, followed by a bunch of surges throughout the summer, and a smaller second wave in the fall.

This seems to be the trend the US will be following due to lack of masks and reopening unwisely. The good news is the second wave should be much smaller. The bad news is- medicine and research will have improved by the fall- so more lives will likely be lost. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

A while back someone had suggested that sitting  in saunas could help against viruses. I have no idea if that's true and was going to look into it but wouldn't that be similar

Turns out that's just a myth

18 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:
39 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

A while back someone had suggested that sitting  in saunas could help against viruses. I have no idea if that's true and was going to look into it but wouldn't that be similar

Turns out that's just a myth

This sounds like Joe Rogan bro-science meets Heat Shock Proteins.

• Like 2