Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I also find it hilarious that many of the same people (including some on here) who argue the protests have had a minimal impact are the exact same people who complained about the protests a couple months ago putting the country at risk because they would increase the spread of the virus. 😂

Viruses don't have political agendas folks only people do, either protesting increases the risk of spread or it doesn't you can't have it both ways.

Oh but you didn't hear, they do! They know the difference!  Apparently in the NJ/NY area the contact tracers are not allowed to ask if the persons in question even took place in any protest activities so they would not even have the ability to say definitively if they cause an increase or not.  Just easier to blame something else. 

11 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I did not read the entire article, but if you have a vent tube in aren't you in a COMA? And in that case do you actually recall things like dreams? 

No, and yes. Patients are sedated, but in my Wife’s unit they’ve had patients extubate themselves multiple times. Yes, patients are able to recall things depending on the level of sedation.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

No, and yes. Patients are sedated, but in my Wife’s unit they’ve had patients extubate themselves multiple times. Yes, patients are able to recall things depending on the level of sedation.

I think I'd prefer to be sedated as much as heavily as possible

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

The biggest difference that I’ve seen is that one group of protesters mostly wore masks and the other didn’t really at all, assuming we’re talking about the same thing. 

Would love to know what you saw because that is just not the case. 

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Rather than ***** about the lockdown and masks, you'd think those with the power to do so would've been trying to figure out how to get through this.

Gotcha, yes, you'd think and you'd hope. I lost faith in people, politicians, etc. a long time ago, so everything sounds about par for the course. Like with everything in our current world you hear about the extreme states on both ends. I like to think the majority of states out there that managed this with a reasonable amount of caution & reasonableness. Understanding population density will screw over some specific locations.  

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That is wild.  I could not imagine being in that state and then being able to recall things, like inception level stuff. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Please, enlighten us.

If I understand correctly the assumption was that the first round of protests for the lockdowns is that people did not wear masks and the second round of protests for justice the people did.  Not sure what I missed but I remember a lot of car based protests in the first round and in the second round you can't with a straight face say everyone is wearing a mask...hell I saw it with my own eyes, maybe 50% compliance and that is here in NJ where masks have been mandated for a while now.

I get the reason for each were different, but to just assume one had more compliance than another is stupid and based off nothing.  Even if you want to play that game, you'd have to scale it appropriately. Even if the lock-down protest only had 30% mask compliance and the justice protests had 70% compliance you had significantly more people taking place in the justice protests, hundreds of thousands if not more. Also, weren't the lockdown protests 2+ months ago?  Those places should have already seen an uptick, to my knowledge there have not been any lockdown protests in Texas or Florida recently, hell they had no time to protest since they opened back up real quick. 

14 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Even if you want to play that game, you'd have to scale it appropriately

I'm waiting for the PFF numbers to come out before I can be certain of who is doing it wrong and why they are doing it wrong

* PFF = Protesters Facial Focus

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

If I understand correctly the assumption was that the first round of protests for the lockdowns is that people did not wear masks and the second round of protests for justice the people did.  Not sure what I missed but I remember a lot of car based protests in the first round and in the second round you can't with a straight face say everyone is wearing a mask...hell I saw it with my own eyes, maybe 50% compliance and that is here in NJ where masks have been mandated for a while now.

I get the reason for each were different, but to just assume one had more compliance than another is stupid and based off nothing.  Even if you want to play that game, you'd have to scale it appropriately. Even if the lock-down protest only had 30% mask compliance and the justice protests had 70% compliance you had significantly more people taking place in the justice protests, hundreds of thousands if not more. Also, weren't the lockdown protests 2+ months ago?  Those places should have already seen an uptick, to my knowledge there have not been any lockdown protests in Texas or Florida recently, hell they had no time to protest since they opened back up real quick. 

So you are telling someone else they are wrong based on personal speculation and recollection. Got it.

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So you are telling someone else they are wrong based on personal speculation and recollection. Got it.

To be fair that's all there is to this argument is speculation and recollection, it's not like anyone has been out there counting the number of people wearing masks and not wearing masks.

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Yeah I'm not subjecting myself to listening to the view so I'll just assume that's an example of an anti mask protest and yeah that's ridiculous, unless you have serious respiratory problems I'll never understand the issues people have with wearing a mask for (generally) short periods of time.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The biggest difference that I’ve seen is that one group of protesters mostly wore masks and the other didn’t really at all, assuming we’re talking about the same thing. 

No, in both groups of protests, a large number of people did not wear masks.

Large congregations of people were bad back in march/april. And they're still bad now.