Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The problem is, only one man was wrong about this and other people felt the need to blindly follow. Party loyalism is the reason we have so many problems. Moving on though, I just wish America wasn't so rooted in "individualism". Its really sad to see.

Imagine blindly following a leader and not being rooted in individualism though...or just turn back the clock 80-90 years. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

The problem is, only one man was wrong about this and other people felt the need to blindly follow. Party loyalism is the reason we have so many problems. Moving on though, I just wish America wasn't so rooted in "individualism". Its really sad to see.

Toxic tribalism is the biggest problem in our country. Neither side seems to want to admit they practice it though. There's far more blame to be assumed but we're toeing lines so that's all I'm going to say. I'm gonna bow back out of this thread again so y'all carry on.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Annoyed that the gyms are closed again. I mean, I understand that Arizona went full stupid during the reopening and has prompted this, but it's still frustrating when even apartments that had restrictions on the gym usage are now being forced to close.

Liked to get you to 5,000!

• Like 1

I know I said I was gonna leave the thread again for a bit (and will) but did want to leave this here since I was the self proclaimed Good News Guy:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-oxford-vaccine-idUSKBN24269P?taid=5efcb421795f4d00015838fa&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Oxford COVID-19 vaccine developers encouraged by immune response but cautious on timeframe

LONDON (Reuters) - A leading scientist behind the University of Oxford’s potential COVID-19 vaccine said on Wednesday the team has seen the right sort of immune response in trials but declined to give a firm timeframe for when it could be ready.

Let's just hope they're not BSing us.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I know I said I was gonna leave the thread again for a bit (and will) but did want to leave this here since I was the self proclaimed Good News Guy:

You're doing good work, my man. I thank you for it. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever understood one of your replies to a comment of mine. I’m sure there is a joke in there somewhere but idk. 

I'm an easily amused and generally harmless dude posting (lame) jokes on the internet.
In this case, people were breaking down the mask-wearing techniques like they were grading football plays... so I rolled out PFF.

It was a lousy joke, but hopefully I'll do better next time  :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

The Entire Non-American World One Month into the Pandemic :

Lets make sure we socially distant, wear masks, enforce quarantine, support our most vulnerable. All for the greater good.

The USA 5 Months in into the Pandemic:

"Wearing a mask can cause Carbon Dioxide damage or grow fungus. Also here is a fake "no mask card" I printed from Facebook. Why hasn't Bill Gates been arrested yet?

The rest of them need to get on our level

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-oxford-vaccine-idUSKBN24269P?taid=5efcb421795f4d00015838fa&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Oxford COVID-19 vaccine developers encouraged by immune response but cautious on timeframe

LONDON (Reuters) - A leading scientist behind the University of Oxford’s potential COVID-19 vaccine said on Wednesday the team has seen the right sort of immune response in trials but declined to give a firm timeframe for when it could be ready.

Let's just hope they're not BSing us.

Stay safe everyone.

"It works, but I can't statistically prove it yet"

Yesssssss

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Imagine blindly following a leader and not being rooted in individualism though...or just turn back the clock 80-90 years. 

Is this some veiled red scare tactic? Blindly following any leader is vanguardism and detrimental to a true democracy, something we've never even had in this country. Arguing the merits of individualism isn't the same...

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Toxic tribalism is the biggest problem in our country. Neither side seems to want to admit they practice it though. There's far more blame to be assumed but we're toeing lines so that's all I'm going to say. I'm gonna bow back out of this thread again so y'all carry on.

Toxic tribalism, or more generally, low quality political dialogue and a lack of intra-party accountability is a feature of pretty much every developed country, yet we are the only country unable to adequately contain this pandemic.

There are many, many reasons why the US has failed as a state to respond, but just based on how other countries have operated, the reason is not because both sides don't like each other. What is unique to America is a critical mass of people who refuse to take this seriously and have elected to pretend this pandemic simply doesn't exist. Full stop. If you want to figure out why America has failed in such a unique way, start there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm an easily amused and generally harmless dude posting (lame) jokes on the internet.
In this case, people were breaking down the mask-wearing techniques like they were grading football plays... so I rolled out PFF.

It was a lousy joke, but hopefully I'll do better next time  :)

I got the joke and thought it was great 😀

• Like 1