Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

1. Its morbidly immoral for this to matter to anyone

2. YES

1. Completely disagree. A 20 year old on a ventilator for the rest of their life is a far greater tragedy than an 85 year old in the same position. Quality and years of life remaining matter. It is why when rationing care, the 20 year old would get the care over the 85 year old. As it absolutely should be.

2. Can you provide examples of someone who is not elderly who is on a ventilator for the rest of their life? I know there are plenty of documented cases of serious long term complications... but I haven't heard that tbh

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

what is the comparable disease you are suggesting that has overrun the health care system?

That has caused a limited supply in disinfecting products?  Personal protective equipment?  Shortages of health care workers to actually provide the care for those that are becoming infected and seeking care?

oh, moving the goal posts i see. last resort of the desperate.

the op was covid is really bad and essentially more important tah  everything else cause it has long lasting consequences, some that are bad. your post has almost nothing to do woth that.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

WHY DOES THAT MATTER? Are you so inhuman that you can look at a number and say yea thats fine, who cares about all those people?

Tbh "one death is too many" is exactly the kind of moronic logic that lets our leaders off the hook for how horribly they have botched this.

Of course the number of people impacted matters.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

the op was covid is really bad and essentially more important tah  everything else cause it has long lasting consequences, some that are bad. your post has almost nothing to do woth that.

your the one that went from colon cancer to substitute some other infectious disease.   I think that is the exact definition of move the goal posts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

1. Completely disagree. A 20 year old on a ventilator for the rest of their life is a far greater tragedy than an 85 year old in the same position. Quality and years of life remaining matter. It is why when rationing care, the 20 year old would get the care over the 85 year old. As it absolutely should be.

Not when it is preventable. No one needs to be. If we stop downplaying this thing and take all the precautions neccessary, then this discussion is irrelevent. Why wouldnt you want that? Why wouldnt you want this topic to not matter because NO ONE is suffering?

2 minutes ago, mission27 said:

2. Can you provide examples of someone who is not elderly who is on a ventilator for the rest of their life? I know there are plenty of documented cases of serious long term complications... but I haven't heard that tbh

https://www.foxnews.com/health/1-in-5-hospitalized-youths-need-icu-ongoing-care-research-says

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

So you don't have any concern for the down stream ramifications of how COVID is impacting the health care system and health care workers?  Thanks for caring about those working on the front lines

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

WHY DOES THAT MATTER? Are you so inhuman that you can look at a number and say yea thats fine, who cares about all those people?

i just to know why you dont feel this way about everything. i dont want people to die, but thats an unfortunate part of life.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i just to know why you dont feel this way about everything. i dont want people to die, but thats an unfortunate part of life.

you keep missing the idea that these are preventable. You don't wear your seatbelt in the car I imagine cuz, you know, YOLO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Not when it is preventable. No one needs to be. If we stop downplaying this thing and take all the precautions neccessary, then this discussion is irrelevent. Why wouldnt you want that? Why wouldnt you want this topic to not matter because NO ONE is suffering?

https://www.foxnews.com/health/1-in-5-hospitalized-youths-need-icu-ongoing-care-research-says

I would love for nobody to be suffering. How do we accomplish that? What is your solution to prevent all 7 billion people on the planet from suffering due to COVID?

That's not a remotely realistic scenario right now. So yes, the number of people who will suffer and die from COVID (and their age and quality/years of life remaining) do matter in the meantime in devising a public health response. 

And there is a big difference between 3% of young adults requiring some form of ongoing care in a post-acute treatment facility and literally having a tube stuck down their lungs for the remaining 50 years or whatever of their lives. I'm not saying there are no examples of that, but if there are, its an incredibly rare outcome... much more rare than death... or it would all over the news.