Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Good that it wasn't too bad. Strange you tested negative w/ those symptoms though.....

Don't know anything about your weight but hopefully you have room to lose that lol.  How many days did it take for that weight to come off?? Did your diet and intake differ greatly during that time?

I went from 185 to 175 and it came off over about a 4-5 day period. There were days that I just didn't feel like eating/wasn't feeling up to much. My wife was completely out of commission, so I ran myself pretty ragged with our three kids, and I wasn't getting much sleep either. It was basically like having the flu for me in terms of symptoms (cough, fatigue, congestion, aches), but with the lack of taste/smell thing it was bizarre. 

And when I say lost of taste/smell, I mean COMPLETE...as in I could have had a pickle and apple pie at the same time and tasted NOTHING...not like losing some of that when you have a cold.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I went from 185 to 175 and it came off over about a 4-5 day period. There were days that I just didn't feel like eating/wasn't feeling up to much. My wife was completely out of commission, so I ran myself pretty ragged with our three kids, and I wasn't getting much sleep either. It was basically like having the flu for me in terms of symptoms (cough, fatigue, congestion, aches), but with the lack of taste/smell thing it was bizarre. 

And when I say lost of taste/smell, I mean COMPLETE...as in I could have had a pickle and apple pie at the same time and tasted NOTHING...not like losing some of that when you have a cold.

Yeah, factor in kids and this doesn't sound fun lol. I feel like you'll agree but it sounds like the test you got was ****. That loss of taste and smell is the crazy thing to me. I cannot comprehend what that is like..... 

Regardless, glad you're OK! 

19 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'll rewatch that video because apparently it was the same one that you watched. 

This is from 3 months ago.  Obviously things can change

How come no one is trying to discredit this yet?

I tell you I am shocked that no one heard about them potentially using the military

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Holy ****, I didn't realize it was 7% at first!! I hope it doesn't gain strength in the winter months that are coming but hell, I hope it never comes w/ this brilliant weather we've had in Ohio lately. 

Was that 7% of the positive cases? We missed a lot of cases early on

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

and one more, this from the New York Times

"Even before any vaccine becomes widely available, virus treatment is already improving, thanks to earlier diagnoses and drugs like dexamethasone and remdesivir. The Food and Drug Administration granted emergency authorization yesterday to an Eli Lilly treatment that doctors recently gave to Chris Christie, the former New Jersey governor.

The improving quality of treatments is evident in the death rate: Only about 1.5 percent of diagnosed cases have been fatal in recent weeks, compared with 1.7 percent in late July and early August, and 7 percent during the virus’s initial surge in the early spring."

Any idea what percentage of people that test positive are high risk? They make it sound like 1 million doses by the end of the year won't be nearly enough to have a large impact. 

If there is 5.8 million more cases by the end of the year (maybe optimistic i don't know) close to 20% of them could potentially get this.  Kids under 12 are already disqualified. It seems like they'd be able to get it to at least a high percentage of at risk people which would be huge.  The lower risk people would have to wait but how many people in there 20's and 30's would go in to get the drug right away anyways?

47 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Any idea what percentage of people that test positive are high risk? They make it sound like 1 million doses by the end of the year won't be nearly enough to have a large impact. 

If there is 5.8 million more cases by the end of the year (maybe optimistic i don't know) close to 20% of them could potentially get this.  Kids under 12 are already disqualified. It seems like they'd be able to get it to at least a high percentage of at risk people which would be huge.  The lower risk people would have to wait but how many people in there 20's and 30's would go in to get the drug right away anyways?

16.5% of the US population is over 65.  So out of roughly 350M people, that is around 57M people

https://www.statista.com/statistics/457822/share-of-old-age-population-in-the-total-us-population/#:~:text=In 2019%2C about 16.5 percent,population was 65 or over.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JonStark said:

I couldn't care less if someone doesn't want the vaccine. I'll be getting mine, so I'll be protected and their choices (unlike with masks) won't affect me or my family. 

I realize vaccines aren't 100% effective, but if someone refuses the vaccine, they are really only hurting themselves. 

I beg to differ on the last part. People who deliberately refuse getting vaccinated are hurting others. Their decision compromises herd immunity for the people who actually legitimately cannot.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I beg to differ on the last part. People who deliberately refuse getting vaccinated are hurting others. Their decision compromises herd immunity for the people who actually legitimately cannot.

very much this. If you have not yet gotten the vaccine and it is readily available to the public I would recommend only being in public when absolutely essential and taking extra precautions until you do. Whether right or wrong some people will let their guard down once they get the vaccine. 

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

And what, a third of the population is overweight, and another third is obese? 

There's overlap in most of the covariates but at least a third of the population has at least one risk factor.

35 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

And what, a third of the population is overweight, and another third is obese? 

There's overlap in most of the covariates but at least a third of the population has at least one risk factor.

Obesity, respiratory issues from smoking, immuno-compromised, cancer history.  

Crazy that US has 10+ million cases, so around 3% of the population?

Apparently in Minnesota the infection rate doubles after 9pm. 20-34 year olds are being infected at disproportionate rates but they aren't pointing fingers at young people. 

I really didn't want to become a statistic. 

Apparently the mask mandate hasn't worked yet

10 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yeah thats what people forget about tbh 

If everyone could take the vaccine, then it wouldn't matter. Let the dumb people die. MoL wont shed a tear - in fact we celebrate this sort of thing tbh.

But there are legit reasons some people can't get it & probably other negative effects of letting the virus continue to circulate (mutations, etc.) so the dumb people will have to be dealt with with an iron fist 

• Like 2