Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Well, we just got the announcement that we will be having one week of completely virtual education for the students here (next week), then a week break for Thanksgiving, and then "returning to face to face instruction the week after Thanksgiving"...all of this, of course, is pending cases and whatever Governor DeWine says next week.

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So I have some exciting news that I can NOT back up.

My company has a staffing contract with the State of New Hampshire for all COVID response. So far we are providing contact tracers, people for the call center, and some nurses for oversight. We just got an order for nurses to give vaccines. Their expectation is that they will start vaccinating 16k people a day by the second week of December. 

I say again, I can NOT back this up because this isnt being reported anywhere and is kinda insider info. All I know is that the state of NH is being told to be ready by the 2nd week of Dec by Pfizer.

I trust you random person on the internet

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

So I have some exciting news that I can NOT back up.

This feels like when you're getting a tattoo and you ask "how much longer" and your artist says "almost done..."

You're anticipating the end, but then that last bit feels like the longest wait ever - minutes feel like months, you just want it to be over and nothing is speeding it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This feels like when you're getting a tattoo and you ask "how much longer" and your artist says "almost done..."

You're anticipating the end, but then that last bit feels like the longest wait ever - minutes feel like months, you just want it to be over and nothing is speeding it up.

i love the thick white ink highlights going into my raw hamburger flesh. you don't?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

The third wave has begun:

n_mtpd_clip_adalja_201113_1920x1080.foca

Case numbers are much, much more troubling, especially in the last 10-14 days. If the deaths are a trailing indicator this chart could get a lot worse

The exponential nature of the new case charts is extremely worrisome, both because that trend is likely to continue and skyrocket even more than it already has, and also because if those cases correspond to increased deaths this is going to get ugly

42 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Case numbers are much, much more troubling, especially in the last 10-14 days. If the deaths are a trailing indicator this chart could get a lot worse

The exponential nature of the new case charts is extremely worrisome, both because that trend is likely to continue and skyrocket even more than it already has, and also because if those cases correspond to increased deaths this is going to get ugly

Is the current case fatality rate about 2.3%?

Is so, 160,000 to 200,000 cases per day is potentially going to result in 4000 to 5000 deaths per day.

34 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I read through it pretty quick but I didn't see many cons in that article. 

It's interesting that they talk about how many lives will be lost because of school closures

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I read through it pretty quick but I didn't see many cons in that article. 

It's interesting that they talk about how many lives will be lost because of school closures

The main con is the financial limits of schools. If you can’t provide the necessary mitigation tools, then it wouldn’t be wise to open.