Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

16 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

I think this thread accurately shows the current divide in America 

Agreed. People who believe in experts and people who have an opinion, and will use any discredited source or study to justify that opinion. This isn't even a left vs right thing. My father takes all precautions and takes this incredibly serious, and we differ completely in political opinions. 

This is actually the downside to having so much information readily available. It's very easy for someone to spread misinformation and its incredibly hard to syphon through it all. Especially with the mistrust in MSM.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Agreed. People who believe in experts and people who have an opinion, and will use any discredited source or study to justify that opinion. This isn't even a left vs right thing. My father takes all precautions and takes this incredibly serious, and we differ completely in political opinions. 

This is actually the downside to having so much information readily available. It's very easy for someone to spread misinformation and its incredibly hard to syphon through it all. Especially with the mistrust in MSM.

In other countries, it’s a left and right issue with regards to how to actually stop the virus. In America, it feels like we’re still arguing whether Covid is real or not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

What's the mask usage like in places like California?

Not sure. We have a state mandate but it still feels like a political divide in our cities and counties with regards to mask usage. In other words, nowhere near enough mask wearing. It cannot just be a simple majority. We need that number to be as close to 100% as possible.

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Very few people question if it's real

I agree with this but the very, very few are highlighted like they're some vast majority and that's irrepressible journalism but that's basically how it all is these days. There's a ton of people who don't give a **** but the two are not synonymous. 

5 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Not sure. We have a state mandate but it still feels like a political divide in our cities and counties with regards to mask usage. In other words, nowhere near enough mask wearing. It cannot just be a simple majority. We need that number to be as close to 100% as possible.

It should be a divide when your moron governor is telling people they can't dine out or have people over when he's doing all of those things. Gotta practice what you preach but again, politicians. Rules for thee but not for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It should be a divide when your moron governor is telling people they can't dine out or have people over when he's doing all of those things. Gotta practice what you preach but again, politicians. Rules for thee but not for me. 

Newsom has definitely made his mistakes. But one instance of him dining out doesn’t override the issue at hand. It doesn’t change that our hospitals are getting overwhelmed right now because people are being irresponsible. 
Edit: even before that incident, people were being irresponsible. They’re just using that as an excuse now.

Edited by Xenos

7 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Newsom has definitely made his mistakes. But one instance of him dining out doesn’t override the issue at hand. It doesn’t change that our hospitals are getting overwhelmed right now because people are being irresponsible. 
Edit: even before that incident, people were being irresponsible. They’re just using that as an excuse now.

Exactly. He shouldn't have done that with other prominent political figures. I think SF's mayor was there as well. He did though and he should accept that his actions are only going to lead to more problems. Awful, awful "leadership". And let's not pretend that's the only time Newsom has done it. He just got caught this time. 

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I guess it depends on what you think Google's motivations are.  The link I provided was a scientific study made by a group of physicians.  I always hear the mantra of "listen to the science."  Then I present some science that doesn't follow your narrative and suddenly my science can't be trusted.  Whatever.  I'm not going there.  We aren't supposed to talk about politics on this site.  I presented a scientific study.  Make of it what you will.

Yikes

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Exactly. He shouldn't have done that with other prominent political figures. I think SF's mayor was there as well. He did though and he should accept that his actions are only going to lead to more problems. Awful, awful "leadership". And let's not pretend that's the only time Newsom has done it. He just got caught this time. 

It was a horrible example of leadership. That’s true. But I rather he make a dumb move like that, apologize, and never let it happen again then do what other governors like Noem and Ricketts are currently doing. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I will sum it up by saying what I said before.  It is a scientific study.  Make of it what you will.  I've said all I'm going to say on the matter because I'm not interested in getting banned from a site I've been a member of for almost 15 years. 

Lol

• Like 1