Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

9 minutes ago, TLO said:

This is spoken like someone who either a) doesn’t know anybody with diabetes to accurately comment on how it’s treated, b) knows people that go to some superbly ****ty doctors, or c) thinks that’s the hip way to pretend that your snake oil salesman are so much more enlightened than everyone else. 

Yeah man we don't know anything about how metformin works, we're really just "masking the symptoms"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5552828/#:~:text=Metformin is a complex drug,1 and alter the microbiome.

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is 125_2017_4342_Fig2_HTML.jpg

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is 125_2017_4342_Fig3_HTML.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm really not judging. It's a good scam.

A nice labcoat, some production value, and some basic health points (nutrition, exercise) wrapped up to make it seem different, then you sell the expensive tests and "personalized treatments" for the magic "imbalancing" problem that only you can diagnose. No controlled studies, no population models, and like $10k a pop all in. I'm sure he's made a ton of money. But anyone who knows basics about drug-receptor theory, general pharmacology and, basic evidence-based science is going to know it's a scam from a mile away. 

And frankly, I could care less if you believe me or not. I'm not asking for your money. But yeah we aren't going to let you put your medical Miss Cleo videos up and look the other way like it's adding value either.

toronto blue jays bat flip GIF by MLB

(I'm trying epic bat flips out now...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I'm not going to pretend like I follow Dr. Oz but whatever he is selling on TV is probably a lot different than what functional medicine doctors are doing out there.  It's more than just "balance your toxins man."

American medicine is give the patient a label then give them meds to mask their symptoms.  Functional medicine is finding (and fixing) the underlying cause of these symptoms.  Doctors get paid to see patients and prescribe meds.  Oh you're diabetic? Don't fix your diet just take Metformin!

I’ll be sure to let all the Type I diabetics know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm really not judging. It's a good scam.

A nice labcoat, some production value, and some basic health points (nutrition, exercise) wrapped up to make it seem different, then you sell the expensive tests and "personalized treatments" for the magic "imbalancing" problem that only you can diagnose. No controlled studies, no population models, and like $10k a pop all in. I'm sure he's made a ton of money. But anyone who knows basics about drug-receptor theory, general pharmacology and, basic evidence-based science is going to know it's a scam from a mile away. 

And frankly, I could care less if you believe me or not. I'm not asking for your money. But yeah we aren't going to let you put your medical Miss Cleo videos up and look the other way like it's adding value either.

I heard you might need counsel after this murder you committed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TLO said:

This is spoken like someone who either a) doesn’t know anybody with diabetes to accurately comment on how it’s treated, b) knows people that go to some superbly ****ty doctors, or c) thinks that’s the hip way to pretend that your snake oil salesman are so much more enlightened than everyone else. 

Tbf though. 99% of conditions could be corrected by forced weight loss camps

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah man we don't know anything about how metformin works, we're really just "masking the symptoms"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5552828/#:~:text=Metformin is a complex drug,1 and alter the microbiome.

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is 125_2017_4342_Fig2_HTML.jpg

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is 125_2017_4342_Fig3_HTML.jpg

It’d be something to go through medical school and residency just to tell fat people they need to eat better since you don’t wanna mask their symptoms. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

booo crowd wants more wrestling finishers 

Gotta flip the script once in a while, keep it fresh. Bat flips, then a quick residency with MMA knockouts, THEN back to wrestling moves.

20 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is new York distributing any? 

Yeah, my hospital in upstate NY is supposed to have enough vaccines for every employee by early-to-mid Jan. I was vaccinated last Friday. It's really beginning to ramp up here in my neck of the woods.

Have we heard of any severe allergic reactions to the Moderna vaccine like we did wigh Pfizer? I know for a fact a lot of our employees have recently been vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine over the past week, so I have to think we've vaccinated a ton of people with it throughout the counry. At least enough to start seeing those reactions pop up, but I haven't heard a peep about it which is a bit crazy to me since it's so similar to pfizer.

23 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Yeah, my hospital in upstate NY is supposed to have enough vaccines for every employee by early-to-mid Jan. I was vaccinated last Friday. It's really beginning to ramp up here in my neck of the woods.

Good to know that Cuomo isn't trying to stop it and Trump isn't keeping it from going there

27 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

So it's been a week.  Have you had any side effects?