Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Damn, they ran out despite making you an appointment? Sorry man 😞

Hospital I work at didn't get nearly the shipment of vaccines they were anticipating/requested from the state.   Needed to cancel around 2400 appts due to supply issues.  

This has always been an issue in this process.   

Pharmaceutical company production -> Federal Gov't planning distribution -> actual distribution to states -> state distribution to various locations (hospitals/county health departments/pharmacies, etc) -> actual injection of vaccine

Probably a few other minor steps along the way.  The end point takes time and there are supply issues and delivery issues along with allocation issues.  Probably not the first time this will happen unfortunately. 

54 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

If that's the case everything should be open by may

No, because it still takes time to get the injections. Not to mention the other logistics. That’s why the estimate is late summer now.

Edited by Xenos

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

No, because it still takes time to get the injections. Not to mention the other logistics. That’s why the estimate is late summer now.

Are we waiting for 95% vaccinated people?

By then I imagine we'll have to wait until everyone gets another updated version of the vaccine

14 hours ago, Xenos said:

Yes. But you get to double mask. I recommend the Fire Cal McNair and Fire Easterby ones if they become available lol.

I'll triple mask it - I need a "Sell the Team" one as well.

My dream is that Mark Cuban buys the Texans. Odds of him moving the team to San Antonio would be low to moderate, but I'd take that to go with his competency as a sports owner as a potential lifeline to save this team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

'Mid-to-late summer' Don't be adding another month or two onto this pandemic! =P

• Like 1