2020 NFL Draft

BZski

18 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Well, if they aren’t going to be a contender for 3-4 years it’s still a wasted pick because Quinn and company will be gone. A new group will be brought in and the musical chairs begins anew.

That said, it wouldn’t surprise me because it’s such a lions thing to do. Heck in the second round they could even draft a TE.😎

There is 4 players I’m ok with the Lions taking at #3 and Tua is one of them.   I’m just thinking of every scenario and am looking forward to Thursday night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

just curios would you guys/gals do this trade?? on twitter i've seen people split on it. im leaning more toward yes.

I would want more.  That would be a loss on the TV chart by 50 points.  And if they want to keep 5 and  move up for a QB, they better be willing to pay a premium.  Throw in a 1st or maybe a 2nd next year and I'd consider it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Michael1976 said:

I’m going to give a take that will get me flamed like a Whopper, but here it goes.

What if the team won’t be ready to compete until the current quarterback is past his prime, then what will they do?  I like Stafford and think he doesn’t get the respect he deserves a lot of the time, but if the Lions won’t be a contending team for at least 3-4 more years (an unpopular, but not out of the realm possibility).  Wouldn’t it be better to have a possible franchise QB just starting his prime at the helm than the latter? 

That's absolutely fair but I dont think they're that far off.

Need a great draft and improvement in coaching but it's not as if we need a miracle. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would want more.  That would be a loss on the TV chart by 50 points.  And if they want to keep 5 and  move up for a QB, they better be willing to pay a premium.  Throw in a 1st or maybe a 2nd next year and I'd consider it. 

You could be talking Kinlaw or Chaisson along with Epenesa..then a nice chance at falling olinemen, we or rb at 39 to go with 35. 

I dont care what the chart says thatd be a great move in this draft. 

3 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

You could be talking Kinlaw or Chaisson along with Epenesa..then a nice chance at falling olinemen, we or rb at 39 to go with 35. 

I dont care what the chart says thatd be a great move in this draft. 

I disagree.  I think Kinlaw goes top 10, top 15 at worst.  I think Chaisson and Epenesa are riskier prospects.  I feel like Okudah is going to come in and be a top 5 CB in the league within a year or two.  I am not confident anyone outside of the top 6 or 7 prospects will be great.  I like adding picks, but thats a long ways to drop and you end up in the Ragnow, Decker, Reiff type O lineman and have to hope to get lucky.  I would rather have 5, 39 and a 1st next year or something that doesnt make us miss out on the top two tiers of prospect. 

18 minutes ago, Michael1976 said:

Sometimes you just have to roll the dice.  In that scenario they’ll have a shot at 4 “very good” or “great” prospects instead in 1 “elite” and 1 “very good/great” prospect. 

My bad flyguy1609 beat me to it.  I like the way he thinks.

2016 NFL Draft: Picks 3-6 > Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliot, Jalen Ramsey, Ronnie Stanley; Picks 16, 17, 18> Taylor Decker, Keanu Neal, Ryan Kelly

Stanley - 87.2 PFF Grade; Decker - 75.5 PFF Grade

2017 NFL Draft: Jamal Adams, Christian McCaffrey, Patrick Mahomes (All available early); Picks 15 - 18 > Malik Hooker, Marlon Humphrey, Jonathan Allen, Adoree Jackson

2018 NFL Draft: Denzel Ward, Quenton Nelson, Picks 14-18 > Marcus Davenport, Kolton Miller, Derwin James, Leighton Vander Esch, Frank Ragnow

2018 is a bit of an outlier, otherwise the elite prospects are in the top 5. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I disagree.  I think Kinlaw goes top 10, top 15 at worst.  I think Chaisson and Epenesa are riskier prospects.  I feel like Okudah is going to come in and be a top 5 CB in the league within a year or two.  I am not confident anyone outside of the top 6 or 7 prospects will be great.  I like adding picks, but thats a long ways to drop and you end up in the Ragnow, Decker, Reiff type O lineman and have to hope to get lucky.  I would rather have 5, 39 and a 1st next year or something that doesnt make us miss out on the top two tiers of prospect. 

I agree with this 100%. I think Kinlaw is going to go up to top 10-12. I won't call Ragnow a bad pick (quite the opposite) but OC isn't a premier position and was selected where he should have been. We're in a key spot  to get one of the best guys in the whole draft as opposed to some mid-tier guy that could turn into something. 

3 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

just curios would you guys/gals do this trade?? on twitter i've seen people split on it. im leaning more toward yes.

It's an interesting argument either way and both have huge plus sides to it.  One of the many things the Lions are lacking is elite talent...in this trade scenario, we very well could still end up lacking elite talent. I like the fact we could get some great prospects, but I'd rather have quality over quantity. I think the furthest I'd trade down is to 9. I think you can still get some of the best prospects in the draft there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I agree with this 100%. I think Kinlaw is going to go up to top 10-12. I won't call Ragnow a bad pick (quite the opposite) but OC isn't a premier position and was selected where he should have been. We're in a key spot  to get one of the best guys in the whole draft as opposed to some mid-tier guy that could turn into something. 

I'm not saying Ragnow is a bad pick.  Decker wasnt a bad pick.  But thats where you find a bunch of average starters as opposed to Lane Johnson, or Jalen Ramsey.  I know depth is important, and we definitely could use more picks.  But I'd rather find an elite than a Jarrod Davis for our defense.  The swing and miss rate is so much higher outside of the top 10. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm not saying Ragnow is a bad pick.  Decker wasnt a bad pick.  But thats where you find a bunch of average starters as opposed to Lane Johnson, or Jalen Ramsey.  I know depth is important, and we definitely could use more picks.  But I'd rather find an elite than a Jarrod Davis for our defense.  The swing and miss rate is so much higher outside of the top 10. 

Yep.. I'm 100% on board with you. 

1 hour ago, Michael1976 said:

There is 4 players I’m ok with the Lions taking at #3 and Tua is one of them.   I’m just thinking of every scenario and am looking forward to Thursday night.

I’m looking forward to Thursday night as well. I would bet they have record viewer numbers.

As a Lions fan I’m excited but I tone it down because I’m just so tired of the non stop constant losing.

My issue isn’t with Tua the player from an ability standpoint. That said I wouldn’t draft him even if a QB was a need. 

Drafting Tua would be an acknowledgement, in my view, that Caldwell firing had nothing to do with team trajectory and everything to do with Quinn bringing in his own guy. Drafting Tua would be an acknowledgement of a complete rebuild.

I hate the losing but I like the bologna from Quinn even less.

Now that doesn’t mean I don’t see the plus of the Lions going a different direction it’s just a direction I don’t like. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You’re right. It’s where you see the journeymen get drafted. Good quality players that will play a long time. If you want game changers pick early.

• Like 3