FFMD II '20 - Discussion / Guidelines

ny92mike

The Steelers are potentially in the market for a wide receiver, specifically a deep threat. If you have one on the block shoot me a PM. We now have a boat load of picks coming up and will be looking to aggressively trade up into the 3rd round as well.

Round 3, selection 67 (from Detroit)

Round 3, selection 102 (compensatory)

Round 4, selection 109 (from Detroit)

Round 4, selection 112 (from Detroit)

Round 4, selection 124

Round 4, selection 135 (from Miami, from Tennessee)

Round 6, selection 183 (from Detroit)

Round 7, selection 232

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

The Steelers are potentially in the market for a wide receiver, specifically a deep threat. If you have one on the block shoot me a PM. We now have a boat load of picks coming up and will be looking to aggressively trade up into the 3rd round as well.

Round 4, selection 124

Round 7, selection 232

Marquise Goodwin can be had pretty cheap.

My two cents on Round 1.

Best picks

1. Dallas (CJ Henderson): I had Henderson just a hair over Okudah, and as a blue chip CB prospect.  Getting him all the way down at 17 is a steal.  Gladney and Fulton went a handful of picks later, and there's a big difference in talent there.

2. Denver (Jerry Jeudy): Jeudy was also one of my top prospects, and getting him not only as the 14th pick, but as the second WR is an absolute steal.  Drew Lock will be very happy with him.

3. Kansas City (Yetur Gross-Matos): This is a value pick, and in a position that gets thin after the top 3.  On a team that will be playing with a lead a lot of the time, he will feast.

4. Seattle (Austin Jackson): The more tackles get selected, the more I love this pick.  I graded Jackson around this range, but the run on NFL ready guys began way earlier, so getting a guy who I had in a virtual lock with Josh Jones 9 picks later is a great value.

5. Detroit (Javon Kinlaw): Kinlaw too went just a little later than he should, but so many inferior players went in front of him.  He'll be what the Lions haven't had since Suh.

Worst picks:

1. Carolina (Xavier McKinney): The value for where he was drafted wasn't awful, I guess, but the trade up was.  A second and a future first to move up for a safety that's not that great a prospect is just bad.  Sorry PR.

2. Atlanta (K'Lavon Chaisson): I know the Falcons needed pass rushers, but everyone but Young was available.  Gross-Matos or even Epenesa would have made more sense, as Chaisson is a flash in the pan.  At 16th overall, it's way early even if other pass rushers weren't available.

3. San Francisco (Henry Ruggs): A lot of people like Ruggs, and so I'm not blaming the 49ers for taking him higher than I'd like, but only two spots removed from Jeudy and Lamb?  I wonder if the 49ers FO panicked when the top two receivers were gone and grabbed him prematurely.  Elite athleticism, but is he really on the same level as proven receivers like Jeudy and Lamb?  I don't think so.

4. Miami (Antoine Winfield): Even at 26, this was a reach.  Delpit was still available and McKinney was a reach just a few picks prior.  I like Winfield, but I had a second round grade on him.

5. Green Bay (Denzel Mims): I kinda think when receivers started coming off the board, too many people reacted too quickly to make sure they got one.  It's not a bad reach, but considering the value that receivers had gotten before that, it doesn't stack well with positional value efficiency.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Round 4, selection 124

Round 7, selection 232

A Wilson, J Grant.

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

My two cents on Round 1.

Best picks

1. Dallas (CJ Henderson): I had Henderson just a hair over Okudah, and as a blue chip CB prospect.  Getting him all the way down at 17 is a steal.  Gladney and Fulton went a handful of picks later, and there's a big difference in talent there.

2. Denver (Jerry Jeudy): Jeudy was also one of my top prospects, and getting him not only as the 14th pick, but as the second WR is an absolute steal.  Drew Lock will be very happy with him.

3. Kansas City (Yetur Gross-Matos): This is a value pick, and in a position that gets thin after the top 3.  On a team that will be playing with a lead a lot of the time, he will feast.

4. Seattle (Austin Jackson): The more tackles get selected, the more I love this pick.  I graded Jackson around this range, but the run on NFL ready guys began way earlier, so getting a guy who I had in a virtual lock with Josh Jones 9 picks later is a great value.

5. Detroit (Javon Kinlaw): Kinlaw too went just a little later than he should, but so many inferior players went in front of him.  He'll be what the Lions haven't had since Suh.

Worst picks:

1. Carolina (Xavier McKinney): The value for where he was drafted wasn't awful, I guess, but the trade up was.  A second and a future first to move up for a safety that's not that great a prospect is just bad.  Sorry PR.

2. Atlanta (K'Lavon Chaisson): I know the Falcons needed pass rushers, but everyone but Young was available.  Gross-Matos or even Epenesa would have made more sense, as Chaisson is a flash in the pan.  At 16th overall, it's way early even if other pass rushers weren't available.

3. San Francisco (Henry Ruggs): A lot of people like Ruggs, and so I'm not blaming the 49ers for taking him higher than I'd like, but only two spots removed from Jeudy and Lamb?  I wonder if the 49ers FO panicked when the top two receivers were gone and grabbed him prematurely.  Elite athleticism, but is he really on the same level as proven receivers like Jeudy and Lamb?  I don't think so.

4. Miami (Antoine Winfield): Even at 26, this was a reach.  Delpit was still available and McKinney was a reach just a few picks prior.  I like Winfield, but I had a second round grade on him.

5. Green Bay (Denzel Mims): I kinda think when receivers started coming off the board, too many people reacted too quickly to make sure they got one.  It's not a bad reach, but considering the value that receivers had gotten before that, it doesn't stack well with positional value efficiency.

Whats even worse is that the falcon is they didn't even want to trade for Ngakoue. 

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We traded down with only one receiver gone. We could have had Jeudy if we wanted Jeudy (the broncos selected him with the pick that we traded them) . There is a good chance that Ruggs goes 12 to Vegas or 13 to SF in the real draft. We traded down, picked up a third,  then tried to trade the pick to Philly so that they could select him, and then tried to trade the pick to Dallas so they could take their guy before actually taking him. There was definitely no panic. He was the selection that made the most sense for the 49ers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Whats even worse is that the falcon is they didn't even want to trade for Ngakoue. 

Dude we can't afford Gak their is a salary cap in place in the nfl you know lol.  The man is going to be making quite a bit of money and way more than we can fit in our salary cap at this point.   Also as far as Daniel and his rankings Henderson over okudah is nuts xD  I wouldn't even touch Henderson in the 1st round with his soft play and bad technique.   The man relies almost only on his athleticism to save hit but when he is beat the majority of the time.  In college you can get away with that in the nfl most people are gonna be the athlete he is and if he don't get away from doing that he is gonna be a major bust.  The fact that Antonio Cromartie called him out on his bad technique and not just avg fans like us says something.   Im not saying he can't work on that but he's got a good ways to go on it.  

Mr and Daniel are gonna have to also 100% disagree on Chaisson as well considering you seem to have him as our 4-3 DE when you are listing him with AJ Epenesa and Gross Matos.   We did not draft him to be our DE he is our 4-3 SLB which in our scheme plays alot like a 3-4 OLB which is exactly what he is best suited for.   I would love to see you put AJ Epenesa as a 4-3 SLb or a 3-4 OLB with his athleticism as it stands.

Edited by FalconFan13