College Football 25

Ty21

I havent gotten the game yet but I should get it at some point this week. Does anyone have realistic sliders for gameplay? When I get it I like to set the sliders to make the gameplay feel more realistic bc Im going straight to Dynasty mode with LSU. Thanks!

I'm digging Georgia's playbook. A ton of 11 personnel with plenty of RPOs, play action, and motion.. diverse enough running plays. Granted I've only tried 10-15 so far

5 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Dude, why are field goals so hard in this game? 

Love everything other than that so far. Oh and that the option is auto handoff now, instead of auto keep. 

It took me 4 games to realize you have to hold the button 🤣

As I mentioned before it just feels weird... The Madden kicking mechanic is all we've known for over a decade, this is one case where I wish they would have just went with what Madden does to keep things simple for people.

19 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

As I mentioned before it just feels weird... The Madden kicking mechanic is all we've known for over a decade, this is one case where I wish they would have just went with what Madden does to keep things simple for people.

You can change it in the controls settings to double taps.

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I also realized you cant let the second meter go all the way red at the top.  lol

4 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Punts.  I'm not shanking many, but I feel like I'm only punting it 30 yards to avoid getting to the red in the meter.  I wish the red area was a little less punishing when your already timing the other meter too.  The arrow on fgs is tough to eye, too.  I have to move it over more than it looks like to me, or I'm just squeaking it past the near upright, from the hashes.  Kicking is just hard in general.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My fresh rb won the Heisman for central with 1015 yards rushing 

Have a lot of TDs? Receiving/Return yards? 

The Heisman is a bit wonky, for sure. Just finished year three in a Dynasty and an Ole Miss WR won it with 92 receptions 1,483 yards, and 15 TDs. Excellent numbers, but a far cry from DeVonta Smith's Heisman numbers at WR. What makes it weird is that there were 3 QBs with 50+ passing/rushing combined TDs. You'd think one of them would have won. 

There is a lot of work to do on the different logic systems going forward.

1 minute ago, cp0k2 said:

Have a lot of TDs? Receiving/Return yards? 

The Heisman is a bit wonky, for sure. Just finished year three in a Dynasty and an Ole Miss WR won it with 92 receptions 1,483 yards, and 15 TDs. Excellent numbers, but a far cry from DeVonta Smith's Heisman numbers at WR. What makes it weird is that there were 3 QBs with 50+ passing/rushing combined TDs. You'd think one of them would have won. 

There is a lot of work to do on the different logic systems going forward.

I may or may not have left out that he had 1200 receiving yard and a bunch of tds 

So I finally got to play CFB25 and here are my takeaways (I have it on Varsity with specific sliders):

- The kicking sucks.  Its not even with the meter bc on Varsity the meter is easy its just the arrow lining up the kick. Its totally different that Madden bc its confusing. There is no clear lining up the arrow towards the goal post. As a result I have missed a ton of easy kicks. 

- The tackling is so hard. I already have a hard time on defense thus I dont play defense I just play offense but when I had to tackle on my very first punt return I missed and the CPU ran it back for a TD. 

- The playbook plays look like crap. I like the Madden play viewing better. Its the same plays too but it just look whacky so when Im trying to find a play I like I just have to try my best to not get confused with how alot of those plays look on the screen as I try to choose one.

- Recruiting so far has been confusing. I have yet to have anyone commit to me (LSU), and I have hours so when the soft/hard sell becomes available it keep saying I dont have enough hours to do so. Again I have plenty of hours so I dont know why it wont let me sell soft or hard. Im currently waiting to see how these visits go. Hopefully I can get some to commit to me afterwards. But so far the recruiting has be confusing but I know Ill get the hang of it eventually. 

-Outside of what I just mention the game is pretty much like Madden in terms of just the play itself. Granted Ive only played three games in my dynasty mode with LSU. Ill see more of the game as the season(s) goes along. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

- Recruiting so far has been confusing. I have yet to have anyone commit to me (LSU), and I have hours so when the soft/hard sell becomes available it keep saying I dont have enough hours to do so. Again I have plenty of hours so I dont know why it wont let me sell soft or hard. Im currently waiting to see how these visits go. Hopefully I can get some to commit to me afterwards. But so far the recruiting has be confusing but I know Ill get the hang of it eventually. 

You might have Hours but you can at most put a set amount of hours on one prospect. So you need to first remove the thing you have on them already to put on the sell. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Recruiting so far has been confusing. I have yet to have anyone commit to me (LSU), and I have hours so when the soft/hard sell becomes available it keep saying I dont have enough hours to do so. Again I have plenty of hours so I dont know why it wont let me sell soft or hard. Im currently waiting to see how these visits go. Hopefully I can get some to commit to me afterwards. But so far the recruiting has be confusing but I know Ill get the hang of it eventually. 

3 hours ago, Justone2 said:

You might have Hours but you can at most put a set amount of hours on one prospect. So you need to first remove the thing you have on them already to put on the sell. 

This. Look on the right side of your prospect's page. You'll see a number at the top there (typically out of 50 but maybe 55 or 60ish to start). It'll show hours allocated to that prospect. So you can't Send the House and Hard Sell simultaneously, but you can probably Send Friends and Family and Soft Sell if you wanted to.