Have you ever flirted with being a fan of another team?

TOUCAN

Nope. I watched football sporadically before 1989, mostly the Super Bowls, Monday Night games and an occasional Lions game.  Then 2 life changing things happened 1st ) my best friend of now over 30 years and his Lions obsessed father moved in next door and 2nd ) the drafting of Barry Sanders.  I could have bailed on the Lions in 1999 when Barry did, but I stuck with them.  It’s been a long ride (the Pistons, Tigers and Red Wings have helped ease the pain over the years), but I have Honolulu Blue and Silver running through my veins and for better (it eventually has to get better right?) or worse will until the end.

• Like 5

After Spy-gate, I was so disappointed in the Patriots that I briefly flirted with the Jets out of spite. If nothing else, it was my way of showing respect for the team that got cheated on and whom tried to do the right thing by playing by the rules. That flirtation lasted less than a week.

I have enjoyed the NFL as a whole and rooted for or against certain teams depending on the situation. Even if it was for a coach, community, or specific player. In the past, I have liked following the Buccaneers and Cardinals more closely than other teams besides the Patriots.

I believe you're allowed one team switch in your lifetime. No questions asked, but you can never go back to your original team. I've been a Cowboys fan for 30 years now. I remember taking naps during games in those 5-11 years, but I am still here.

Edited by csp911

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

After Spy-gate, I was so disappointed in the Patriots that I briefly flirted with the Jets out of spite. If nothing else, it was my way of showing respect for the team that got cheated on and whom tried to do the right thing by playing by the rules. That flirtation lasted less than a week.

I have enjoyed the NFL as a whole and rooted for or against certain teams depending on the situation. Even if it was for a coach, community, or specific player. In the past, I have liked following the Buccaneers and Cardinals more closely than other teams besides the Patriots.

Because you realized that Spygate was a bunch of media created bull**** where they can't get the story right?

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

xD

The Cardinals throughout my life have always been able to pull my back. When I was a little kid though I was a Raiders fan, hopped off when Tim Brown left though. Became a Cardinals fan after that and never looked back. There's been some rough times, but I love this team. As a Royals, Suns and Coyotes fans, as well as Nebraska football and Creighton basketball, I've seen lots of valleys for each of those teams as well. Never wavered though. The Suns have came the closest to making me jump ship out of all of them, but their incompetence has more just lead towards me not being as interested in the NBA in all honesty

Around 2000, I was so sick of the Mike Brown version of the Bengals (in fairness, he was battling the IRS over tens of millions of dollars, but the product sucked) I tried to start liking the Colts, living in Indiana and all.  Manning was coming into his own.  Should have been easy, right?  But it was his first season of doing all the calls at the LOS.  I literally never had a break long enough to grab food or go to the restroom.  I.  Just.  Couldn't.  My sister switched to the Steelers.  We haven't talked since.

Was raised a Bengal my whole life bc of my dad. (May he RIP)  I was so sick of Marvin Lewis towards the end of his run I couldn’t take it anymore. So last year I decided to follow the Cardinals bc of my love for Kyler Murray. Followed him since he was young (both from Allen TX) and he was always a winner despite the size. I was shocked he didn’t play much at TAMU but once he was at OU I knew.. 

Well since then Lewis is gone (not sure how I feel about Zac yet) but I am glad they opened up their wallets this year in order to help Joe. Should be a fun season, been geeking on the draft. Curious to see how they handle Mixon tho..I’m not a big fan of overpaying the RB. 

On 4/15/2020 at 2:13 PM, Elky said:

Because you realized that Spygate was a bunch of media created bull**** where they can't get the story right?

Yup and because I couldn’t blame the players or anyone in particular who happened to be dominating. The dominance definitely played a factor. I was super mad at the coaches and executives/owners involved. Still not happy about it obviously.