XFL Is No Longer Planning on Returning 2021

HoboRocket

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Goodell obviously released the coronavirus from a secret biolab in a 5G tower in Wuhan in order to crush the XFL, prevent Trump's re-election, and get health nuts sick all over the world. Genius.

Goodell supports Trump despite all the times the president got involved with the anthem protests. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE YOU SAID, 100%

It really sucks for everyone involved.  McMahon wanted to do this for so long, actually had a good plan this time around and was seeing success, and hired the right people to do the job- both in the XFL and WWE so he could be involved in both.  Hopefully when things calm down, some investors get involved, because I think it did enough to get another shot.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

kinda sad becuase the nfl kinda needs a minor league but at the same time, not surprised at all

It really does. They did have some innovative ideas, that kickoff was great. I started a three point conversion thread on this site a few years ago so I am 100% in favor of adding that (but keeping XPs). 

The access was great. For non-football fans it must have been cringey at times, I thought it was incredible. The fact you could hear the officials in real time was fun. 

8 team league was the perfect amount of teams. 4 games on a weekend was nice. 

I do think it will be back. I completely understand why they are disbanding completely because realistically there isn't going to be football until fall of 2021, so why pay health insurance etc etc or any expenses at all for this when you can invest millions of dollars elsewhere right now and expect a good return over the next 5 years? 

14 hours ago, iknowcool said:

One of the crappiest things about all of this, deaths aside, is the # of businesses that will inevitably fail for no reason of their own. This sucks for all involved because they rolled this out so well.  

Maybe someone else will pick it up but I can’t see Vince being involved again.  

yeah I've seen countless restaurants closing indefinitely in my area. The other day I saw a bar lit on fire!! hope it wasn't arson but these are strange times! I have been trying to get curbside pick up at least once a week to do my part to help. My work hours have not been effected by this pandemic.   

• Like 3

15 hours ago, iknowcool said:

One of the crappiest things about all of this, deaths aside, is the # of businesses that will inevitably fail for no reason of their own. This sucks for all involved because they rolled this out so well.  

Maybe someone else will pick it up but I can’t see Vince being involved again.  

Yea so many places are operating on razor thin margins and the XFL was doing so much better this time around too. 

This sucks, I hope the NFL does a minor league someday. NFL involvement and this league would survive. To save college football they just have to make sure that any player in their minor leagues has to still be 3 years removed from high school football.

Edited by turtle28