XFL Is No Longer Planning on Returning 2021

HoboRocket

The NFL makes way too much money and will probably always be the only physical league, unless there is some kind of mutiny. 

What can compete against the NFL? Possibly a digital type of league that requires no physical play. It’s either virtual or the coaches call plays against each other and it’s simulated by plays and how good the roster is. Every spot on the roster is a real human, and you get drafted. I’ve always thought it’d be a pretty popular concept. Maybe soon... maybe 2070, who knows. 

Edited by BayRaider

16 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Had a good plan? lol this isn't a small business. If your league can't handle this then you're pretty small potatoes.

Not surprised considering that charlatan that ran it.

Wrong. I'm just going to assume you have some weird personal beef with McMahon rather than dignifying this with a thoughtful response. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

The NFL makes way too much money and will probably always be the only physical league, unless there is some kind of mutiny. 

What can compete against the NFL? Possibly a digital type of league that requires no physical play. It’s either virtual or the coaches call plays against each other and it’s simulated by plays and how good the roster is. Every spot on the roster is a real human, and you get drafted. I’ve always thought it’d be a pretty popular concept. Maybe soon... maybe 2070, who knows. 

Wrong. The XFL was well on their way to becoming a formidable supplemental league to the NFL (not replacement or direct competitor). TV ratings, ticket sales, and social media following clearly indicated that their is an appetite for minor league spring football. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 5:41 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Wrong. I'm just going to assume you have some weird personal beef with McMahon rather than dignifying this with a thoughtful response. 

Lol dude took too many risks and he failed. PERIOD. I bet he tried to force the players through the pandemic. It’s the kind of person he is.

This sucks the league was a good product, was starting to build its own stars, PJ Walker will probably be the primary backup in Carolina, largely bc of the XFL, plus it gave ET a legitimate team to root for w/ great success.  It was never going to compete w/the NFL, but they may have been able to loosen the stranglehold that CFB has on these kids and/or forced them to compensate them appropriately.  Hopefully the NFL takes so.e of the better ideas, such as the kickoff and runs with it 

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol dude took too many risks and he failed. PERIOD. I bet he tried to force the players through the pandemic. It’s the kind of person he is.

He paid the players their entire years salary despite them only having played half a season. He definitely failed the first time around, but he was a part of a team that was responsible for genuinely breathing life into a supplementary football league that recognized by far the the best TV ratings, ticket sales, and social media presence of any start-up league like this. 

• Like 1

This was never viable, COVID makes a good reason but it was never viable beyond the first season. The reason Vince got the TV deal in the first place was fronting all the costs and growth to make the thing grow for 3 years until it was time to negotiate an actual TV deal. But ratings continued to drop off a cliff and income was never going to compensate for that gap. It was a money sink, there was never a path to "real" viability here. 

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

On 4/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, Balyoist said:

This just pisses me off. All these stupid virus fears made it so even the ******* AAF was more of a success than the XFL -_-

Yeah we should implement mass burials and terminate anyone who develops a cough to save our second rate football league. Survival of the fittest I say.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im late to the conversation, but the NFL has a crazy good minor league in place. Its called the NCAA. There are 150+ teams and 500+ coaches who spend time on developing NFL prospects. 

And then nothing to discover/rediscover talents like PJ Walker, Jordan Ta'amu, and Cam Phillips.