Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Kante has gotten older and even though he’s not the world beater he was a few years ago he is still great.

I don’t hate the players Chelsea has brought in, I just don’t think they’ve spent it in the areas they should have. Next summer they’re gonna have to spend huge (probably more than this year) again to get a starting keeper, staring CBs, and a starting DM.

Billy Gilmour also emerged for them last season.

On 9/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

See that Milan is showing interest in Kante.

I thought Kante was too important a piece for Chelsea. Highest market value on the team. But with this figured they were trying to offset some of the spending to go after a GK by listening to what Milan had to say. Which would help since moving Kepa is impossible.

Has Kantes play fallen? Dont get gathering all these pieces while letting him slip away otherwise.

No Kante is still Kante. He’s just struggled with injuries last season and people all of a sudden think he’s not the player of old. You don’t just replace Kante. Selling him right now is almost a fireable offence.

Edited by Kip Smithers

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I get the interest in Gini, because I think he'll add a fair bit to their midfield. However, this one doesn't really make sense. Where the heck is he going to play? He played false 9 with the Dutch NT, so in that spot as a 4-2-3-1 makes sense. Messi on the RW, Griez in the 10 spot, Dembele on the left. Gini and FdJ playing double pivot. Then you've still got Coutinho and Pjanic as players who were expected to get significant playing time stuck on the bench. Not sure about this one chief.