Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

On 7/31/2020 at 9:06 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

You think Levy pays what Villa wants? No way

To be fair, there's at least on outside chance that Jose sells a vital organ on the black market to fund it.  Not a good outside chance.  But there's a chance.

I won't be shocked to see Grealish end up similar to Zaha - just hopefully, for him, with a better result - wherein his current club holds so strongly to getting a massive payday valuation out of him that he doesn't end up moving this summer.

7 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Yeah, I can’t see Zaha or Graelish moving this year, unless someone gets really desperate. I guess I can see Man U moving for Graelish if Dortmund hold firm and don’t sell Sancho.

btw, lol at Chelsea strengthening their defense with Dunk and Stones. 

i doubt it. i think Chelsea are more likely to get someone like Declan Rice 

8 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

A midfielder? Y’all need help on defense and GK badly. Not sure why you prioritized so many attacking players when that was not your weakness.

We would play Declan as a CB 

Actually, in the case of Havertz I would contend that was an essential signing. We don't have creative midfielders 

26 minutes ago, persiandud said:

Actually, in the case of Havertz I would contend that was an essential signing. We don't have creative midfielders 

Y’all would pay 80mil+ for Rice to convert him to CB? That doesn’t make sense.

how do you see your midfield and attack looking next year?

9 hours ago, persiandud said:

You have a lot of shuttlers (Kovacic, Barkley etc) but I think Mount can be creative on his day, no? Havertz will be good. 

As a WHU fan, I wouldn't recommend playing Rice at CB tbh, not when Chelsea have the funds to buy actual CBs. Rice won't be better than what you already have at CB, but he's decent sitting in front of them. Has an absolute lash as well.

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Y’all would pay 80mil+ for Rice to convert him to CB? That doesn’t make sense.

21 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

As a WHU fan, I wouldn't recommend playing Rice at CB tbh, not when Chelsea have the funds to buy actual CBs. Rice won't be better than what you already have at CB, but he's decent sitting in front of them. Has an absolute lash as well.

I agree, I'm feeling anxious at the prospect of buying a CDM and converting him to a CB, and I don't think he's much better than what we already have. He's a Chelsea boy through and through, hangs out with current and former Chelsea players all the time. I'm sure he will be on our team at some point, but right now, for the price it's a no from me. 

11 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

how do you see your midfield and attack looking next year?

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You have a lot of shuttlers (Kovacic, Barkley etc) but I think Mount can be creative on his day, no? Havertz will be good. 

you're right about having midfielders who can progress the ball up the pitch, but our most creative midfielder was actually Barkley. it's an attribute we're lowkey desperately lacking in this side, we need more creativity and the ability to pick out key passes and unlock defenses that sit back.

Kovacic was a standout player, arguably the best player of Chelsea's season. having him carry the ball with Kante shielding the back 4 is nice, but then you need a creative box to box 8/10 type and Havertz fills that role well. With the additions of Havertz and Ziyech, it's clear Lampard wants players who can pick out a killer pass. 

the fact that we hardly had any creativity in midfield and still were 2nd in xG on the season is very promising news for the attack, especially with the additions we've made. a forward line of Pulisic, Werner, and Ziyech is to be expected. Werner was an incredible signing, I'm ecstatic about him. then lots of options in midfield but i'd go with Havertz Kovacic and Kante. 

top needs are left back and goalkeeper by some distance and then centerback. seems like Chilwell is Lamps man, I'm sure he feels like he has two wing backs in Ederson and Alonso. personally I think the best CB we have is Zouma but that's a big point of debate with Chelsea fans because they all have their flaws. Chilwell new CB Zouma Azpi your backline

then goalkeeper....Andre Onana is only 30M? 

https://twitter.com/HemmenKees/status/1279106743461691395?s=20

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 1:37 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

Yeah, I can’t see Zaha or Graelish moving this year, unless someone gets really desperate. I guess I can see Man U moving for Graelish if Dortmund hold firm and don’t sell Sancho.

btw, lol at Chelsea strengthening their defense with Dunk and Stones. 

I don’t understand what’s wrong with Lewis Dunk. He has actually a good defender and he compliments very well for what we have. Good reader of the game, aerial dominant, can defend and attack crosses. And has experience this of year of playing out of the back. I would advocate that signing. Declan Rice? Why would we sign him just to play CB? Chilwell? I might actually throw up.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Havertz, assuming he’s comes, brings much more balance to our midfield. Barkley is horrible. Mount is a squad player. He has no business being a regular starter. we do lack that potent and clinical 10. For me, 3 man midfield of Jorginho/Kante-Kova-Havertz should be our week in week out midfield. 

Agree with you on Rice. Buying him to play CB is a travesty. Our current crop of defenders just need that smart, leader, commander beside them to compliment them. Issue is that there are a shortage of Great CBs in the world. Honestly Thiago Silva as a stop gap is a good option as well.

14 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t understand what’s wrong with Lewis Dunk. He has actually a good defender and he compliments very well for what we have. Good reader of the game, aerial dominant, can defend and attack crosses. And has experience this of year of playing out of the back. I would advocate that signing. Declan Rice? Why would we sign him just to play CB? Chilwell? I might actually throw up.

Dunk is fine. I don’t think he’s a huge upgrade to what you all have but he is slightly better. Stones, though...

Now, give me 80 million for Chilwell

23 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Dunk is fine. I don’t think he’s a huge upgrade to what you all have but he is slightly better. Stones, though...

Now, give me 80 million for Chilwell

If you guys sell Chilwell for that much and then sign someone like Tagliafico from Ajax for 1/4 of the price, I reckon that's an absolute win.

6 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

If you guys sell Chilwell for that much and then sign someone like Tagliafico from Ajax for 1/4 of the price, I reckon that's an absolute win.

Yes, that’s what I’m hoping!

I think we need a RW and would love Sarr or Trincao.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

22 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Actually, Chelsea are set to sign Chilwell for around 45-50M pounds, which is nowhere near that ridiculous 80M figure they were asking for initially. Glad to see Leicester have finally come to their senses. 

It looks like they're targeting Tagliafico from Ajax as the left back replacement, and the fee is rumored to be around 30-35M. So for Chelsea, getting Chilwell for roughly 10M more than Tagliafico is, I reckon, an absolute win! I'm fine with 10M more for a younger, English LB 

And it looks like Thiago Silva is set to join Chelsea on a free transfer. He will make his decision after the CL final. What an excellent stopgap option he would be! This would allow Chelsea to spend big next summer on a world class young CB