Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

8 hours ago, persiandud said:

i don't understand the hate for Ben Chilwell. he's 23 years old, he's England's first choice left back, and even though he's been in bad form lately, you can probably explain that a little bit with the premise that he's had his head turned towards Chelsea for some time now. sorry Reguillon, you're 5'10 unlikely to win aerial duels. Chilwell can provide cover on offense/defence for set pieces, Chelsea have been horrendous at set pieces. Chilwell is better defensively, a proven player already in the top flight, and possibly ascending with better teammates. he has good technique, he's a good crosser, he can pick a pass anywhere on the park, and he has a good motor to shuttle up and down the pitch. idk what's not to like! and for 50M pounds, he's a great buy imo! this is also Frank Lampard's first buy he has personally made, so he rates him. Ashley Cole rates him. great signing mate 

He’s a fullback I place very little emphasis on aerial duels. We’ve had Alonso who helps in that regard and look what happened with him. I’m not even sure Chilwell is better defensively. He’s not the quickest, he does struggle against defenders with pace and quick feet. And he’s decent going forward. Not the greatest. Let’s be real if he wasn’t English, he wouldn’t be a Chelsea player. Reguilon is half the price, he’s quick, great recovery speed. Better dribbler and and better end product. I just don’t think he’s that good. Better competition will make him look out of his depth.

And yes I am excited by our window. It’s up to the players to live up to expectations. No more of struggling to break teams down. Just hoping Lampard team selections improve. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Leeds paying 30 million for a 29 year old forward who scared 4 goals in La Liga last year...yikes.

Moreno?

They're also after Batshuayi, who's been told he's got no future at CFC.

It may not have seemed like it after lockdown, but LUFC desperately need a goalscorer in the prem. They have everything in terms of pressing, passing, movement, creating chances etc but the amount of times Bamford f's it up is incredible. 

13 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I am excited by our window. It’s up to the players to live up to expectations. No more of struggling to break teams down. Just hoping Lampard team selections improve. 

Yes! 100% 

Hopefully Havertz puts an end to Lampard playing Mount so much, but I'm not sure Messi himself would be able to make Lamps drop Mount out of the 11. It's maddening

Agree to disagree about Chilwell lol 😆 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Moreno?

They're also after Batshuayi, who's been told he's got no future at CFC.

It may not have seemed like it after lockdown, but LUFC desperately need a goalscorer in the prem. They have everything in terms of pressing, passing, movement, creating chances etc but the amount of times Bamford f's it up is incredible. 

Yes.

Going to be interesting to see what happens with La Liga long-term once Messi is gone. It's already difficult for them to compete with the money of the EPL, if Barca goes the way of AC Milan they're going to backslide away from rivaling England for best league in the world to looking more like the one-club monopolies in Germany/Italy/France. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

4 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Going to be interesting to see what happens with La Liga long-term once Messi is gone. It's already difficult for them to compete with the money of the EPL, if Barca goes the way of AC Milan they're going to backslide away from rivaling England for best league in the world to looking more like the one-club monopolies in Germany/Italy/France. 

Well, from their perspective they must thinking why isn't the gold mine that is `La Masia churning out players anymore? Where are their Iniestas, Xavis and Busquets etc?

If they can sort that out, they'll come back I guess

11 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, from their perspective they must thinking why isn't the gold mine that is `La Masia churning out players anymore? Where are their Iniestas, Xavis and Busquets etc?

If they can sort that out, they'll come back I guess

Golden generations are golden generations for a reason. It seems like they did buy into their own hype around La Masia but you're just not going to get all-time great players in every cycle like they hoped, though they do have a couple of good players coming through right now in Puig and Fati.

Their problems lie so much deeper than just academy or a couple of bad transfers or anything else though, arguably deeper than even Bartholemeu. Club seems rotten at the core. They have the resources to dig out of it for sure, but unless they really chart a new course instead of just assuming everything will sort itself out because they're Barcelona, I do think they're going to go into a relative free-fall. 

1 hour ago, persiandud said:

us? As in you're a Leicester City fan? 

Must have hurt to watch your team decompose at the end and miss out on top 4 lmaooooo 

I mean, what does Chelsea have to be proud of lately? I see a lot of hype but not really addressing the problem areas. An over the hill Thiago Silva is not it and Kepa is still your keeper.

Edited by Oregon Ducks

15 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I mean, what does Chelsea have to be proud of lately? I see a lot of hype but not really addressing the problem areas. An over the hill Thiago Silva is not it and Kepa is still your keeper.

Arnt they in line to get Havertz?

Edit:  I thought you were a Brighton fan?

Edited by PARROTHEAD