2020 Draft Thread

holt_bruce81

Cant find the link, but since 2012 the Rams have spent the most capital on running back. I don't understand how people can justify spending multiple 2nds or 3rds on rbs but a first is out of the question. Not talking about anyone here but just that mentality in general.

I also don't understand the people who are happy with the O line situation. Have we brought bodies in? Sure. Have we brought in blue chip prospects who we can count on? No.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, S-jax39 said:

Cant find the link, but since 2012 the Rams have spent the most capital on running back. I don't understand how people can justify spending multiple 2nds or 3rds on rbs but a first is out of the question. Not talking about anyone here but just that mentality in general.

I also don't understand the people who are happy with the O line situation. Have we brought bodies in? Sure. Have we brought in blue chip prospects who we can count on? No.

I believe the mentality is cost. If I were the giants I would not have taken Saquon because he set the RB market in guaranteed money. Market efficiency shows that spending mid to late round picks on running backs are better investments. To be fair, the Rams spent late picks on running backs and Tre Mason had psychological issues. Zac Stacy, Daryl Richardson, and other names like that are late rounders which don't typically amount to anything anyways.

Todd - 1st

Akers - 2nd

Henderson - 3rd

Tre Mason - 3rd

Spending on mid round guyson a 3/4 year cycle makes the most sense.

Overall I came away from this draft liking it—definitely not loving it. I think they hit some of the positions we all expected them to and disregarded some of the others. I’m not so worried about the O-Line but I am concerned about ILB. The Burgess pick tells me we’ll be running a lot more nickel looks but even still-Kiser is our most talented guy at the moment and he’s totally unproven and not someone I would rely on. 

Cam Akers—Liked it, didn’t love it. A very talented player and should fit our scheme really well. I like that he produced despite playing behind Swiss cheese. Taking him with Dobbins still available didn’t feel right though. Even though he might not have been anyone’s top RB here, no one should be upset with his talent level. I look forward to seeing what he does on our offense and I expect him to be the better RB between him and Henderson. 

Van Jefferson—I liked taking a WR even this early and I like Jefferson but this did feel a little early for him—I thought he was a guy who could have been had in the third round. I don’t ever think he’ll be a star in the league but if he becomes a good, reliable player then who cares where we took him? I think he fits right in the same mold as Kupp or Woods—dependable guys who run great routes and have great hands. Hard to be that upset at the pick. 

Terrell Lewis—This was the first pick that really got me stoked. We all know the injury concerns but you’re not going to find a talent like him at this point in the draft very often. Long limbed edge rusher with potential through the roof. Really excited to see what he becomes for us. He could be an absolute monster. 

Terrell Burgess—I was a little confused by this pick at first and admittedly didn’t know a whole lot about him, even though he was a name I saw linked to us on more than one occasion. After reading up on him I really like the pick and it gives me a sense of what vision the coaching staff has for this defense—a lot of nickel packages and 3-Safety looks. Love his versatility, athleticism and toughness. He should fit right in. 

Brycen Hopkins—This was the first pick that I really didn’t like. I didn’t think he was a need or BPA. I think that he’s an athletic playmaker at the position but that’s really about it. To me he’s an oversized WR. He’s obviously in line to replace Everett and I’m confident he’ll fill that void just as capably. But I really thought this pick could have been better utilized with it realistically being our last chance to get an impact player. 

• Like 2

Man guys, I was in the old forum looking at some posts WAY back in the day. I'm talking like....2006. I've been talking Rams draft on these boards with some of you knuckleheads for way to long lol. I didn't know @StLunatic88 had been here that long as well. And some really good posters have left the site over the years...Miss my dudes @titan52490 @cew28315039 @DEE RAWL and I3lind golfer 

And in 2006, I was mocking a lot of Manny Lawson, Leonard Pope, Devin Hester, Ernie Sims and Brad Smith to the Rams lol

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Man guys, I was in the old forum looking at some posts WAY back in the day. I'm talking like....2006. I've been talking Rams draft on these boards with some of you knuckleheads for way to long lol. I didn't know @StLunatic88 had been here that long as well. And some really good posters have left the site over the years...Miss my dudes @titan52490 @cew28315039 @DEE RAWL and I3lind golfer 

And in 2006, I was mocking a lot of Manny Lawson, Leonard Pope, Devin Hester, Ernie Sims and Brad Smith to the Rams lol

I could swear that blind Golfer is @BStanRamFan..  I miss Lago Vista, my sig and gfx buddy. We also had a Panthers fan turn rams fan but haven’t seen him in a min. 

Also, what happened to keeping it gansta.

The OG 2105 too. RIP (in the internet not IRL) to the homies. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I could swear that blind Golfer is @BStanRamFan..  I miss Lago Vista, my sig and gfx buddy. We also had a Panthers fan turn rams fan but haven’t seen him in a min. 

I'm pretty sure Lago was the one who got banned from the boards because he threatened to beat me up after a game. He would blow up my PMs saying he wants to fight me lol

• Like 1

Although my golf game would suggest I am blind, I've been on this forum for a while. I had another name back in the mid 2010's, but forgot what it was and the login info. I used to post on TurfShowTimes as well, but gave that site up.  Just a life long Rammer on the East Coast.

• Like 2

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Although my golf game would suggest I am blind, I've been on this forum for a while. I had another name back in the mid 2010's, but forgot what it was and the login info. I used to post on TurfShowTimes as well, but gave that site up.  Just a life long Rammer on the East Coast.

Yeah and you actually seem like a Rams fan. Blind golfer was like @Flounch he would just complain about everything the Rams did. :D

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I'm pretty sure Lago was the one who got banned from the boards because he threatened to beat me up after a game. He would blow up my PMs saying he wants to fight me lol

Lmao. That’s wild. Sounds like Lunatic tbh. 

also, looking back I’m rolling..

@jrry32 had a hard on for Greg Salas.

• Like 3

Lmao. That’s wild. Sounds like Lunatic tbh. 

also, looking back I’m rolling..

@jrry32 had a hard on for Greg Salas.

dude honestly @jrry32 changed the game for us all. We were all little boys playing Madden thinking we could scout......Yes I want that Receiver. He's 6'3 and runs a 4.35 forty yard dash. Then Tom and Jerry comes in here and Beautiful minds us all...

Well yes the perceived notion is that he can be an elite wide receiver at the next level. Breaking down his tape though I am a bit concerned (10 GIFs follow) look at the 1st video. The angle he has his foot while breaking off the slant route is mediocre at best. And he doesn't have any experience running anymore than 2 routes on the route tree..

Us all after reading his posts...

surprise omg GIF

What's a route tree? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I've been here since '09, just a different username.

I remember I was huge on Crabtree and preferred him over Jason Smith. I was also praying a guy with wrestling ties fell to us in the second, and boy did he. Was a big fan of James L and was stoked when we took him.

Edited by LARams91
  • Like 2

The more I see clips of Akers I can see why people compare him to Kamara! But no one has Kamaras bendingness(I know that word doesn’t exist) and ability to stop and go.. But he reminds me so much of Raheem Mosert.. And to me that’s fire.. That’s a freaking lethal RB in the right scheme. Think Sean likes that a lot and wanted that. He has good hands too for easy dump offs. Gurley regressed so much in that department that teams no longer feared our screen game, and were able to zone in on our deep balls. 

• Like 1