2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

10 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I didn’t have any dreams about prospects last night like I did the year we took Sutton. I did however have dreams back to back nights three weeks ago with the name Terrell Burgess in them. But nothing showing he was a Bronco. 

Burgess is a stud.  Would love to have him as a bronco.

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

Burgess is a stud.  Would love to have him as a bronco.

His CB experience makes him an ideal fit to be groomed as a Jackson replacement. With all the safeties still on the board I think he could be avaliable at 95 or even 118. Many teams will ding him for being a one-year-wonder at Utah, but as a DB factory it isnt as troublesome that he couldnt get snaps until this past season. They always have great upper classmen. 

For me, here's what I'd like to see today

46. S Chinn or Dugger - Either will learn from Jackson, help with TE coverage and step in next to Simmons 

77. CB Cameron Dantzler - Big, fast CB would will fit into Fangio's defense very well.

83. OL/OG Ben Bartch - We still need to add to the OL, Bartch learning under Munchek can turn into an All-Pro IMO. Will replace Bolles next season.

95. LB Wilson or Gay Jr - Both top-notch LBs that can make a difference. Not sure either will be there but the way this draft is flowing....there's a chance !!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

For me, here's what I'd like to see today

46. S Chinn or Dugger - Either will learn from Jackson, help with TE coverage and step in next to Simmons 

77. CB Cameron Dantzler - Big, fast CB would will fit into Fangio's defense very well.

83. OL/OG Ben Bartch - We still need to add to the OL, Bartch learning under Munchek can turn into an All-Pro IMO. Will replace Bolles next season.

95. LB Wilson or Gay Jr - Both top-notch LBs that can make a difference. Not sure either will be there but the way this draft is flowing....there's a chance !!

My only issue with your approach - it's not accounting for talent that falls that shouldn't be there.   I get what you are forecasting is how to maximize positional depth vs. who is left later on, too.  Just that if we get a CB or T who falls who is head and shoulders above the rest on Round 2, Rd 3 can sort itself out.  The other part is that almost certainly WR will be BPA by the 83-95 pick too, so it wouldn't be crazy if another similarly falling WR talent who normally is a top 50 guy overall is still there.

I get your point on the players though, they're good value overall for the spots - but this draft, it's easy to see an even bigger value being there, espeically with the way some teams are drafting.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

My next available for Denver.

Cleveland

Fulton

Mims

Madubuike

Winefield

Baun

Davis

Pittman

Uche (Uche is interesting, he was used a ton in coverage at Michigan, one of my favorites in this draft.)

Taylor

Hamler (another of my favorites and with Jeudy I’d feel comfortable drafting him now)

Mckinney (I could see Fangio liking his game)

Diggs

Hennessy

Hunt

Chinn (like Chinn a lot as well, kind of the smaller knock off version of Simmons). 

No Jones?

9 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Ezra just scares the hell out of me. Elite measurables and very nice pass sets but any OL that has the dreaded combo of 'needs to get stronger' and 'isnt the toughest player' makes me pause. 

Reminds me of Jason Spriggs although he is a little bit more athletic. 9” hands are small and harder to control a man with. 

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

Yup. Can't count on Callahan, jury still out on Yiadom and Bausby. Let's go get Johnson or Fulton if they fall to 46.

Keep in mind, todays the day we find out what our staff thinks of the roster. 

Really hope we use Jeudy how the Texans use Hopkins. Lovvvveeee the idea of us coming out in 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB personnel with Jeudy in the slot. Motion Fant out and pick your matchup. Beautiful.

I like Tim Patrick as an outside guy in that look, perhaps with veteran competition because Patrick can play ST (he's a good gunner on Punt Coverage).

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i feel like i could see us trading up for a T at the start of the second. if we stay put im guessing corner. 

Gotta be honest, moving 2.46 and 3.95 to get into the first few picks for Josh Jones is incredibly enticing. He’s a borderline top 25 talent in a loaded draft. If you can get him at 2.35 or so? Man...

• Like 2