2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

I like Agim a lot actually. 

1 minute ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Athlon Sports guide has him rated as their ninth best DT, and they graded him in the third to fourth round range. However, he doesn't seem to fit a 3-4 as a DE.

Brugler gave him a 4th round grade, but same thing, called him a 43 DT.

Funny thing about Agim, non-professional scouts didn’t love him but NFL.com gave him a R3 grade and other more seasoned guys loved him.

This was a Vic pick for sure. Also, worth noting he was in a rotation so his stats are more impressive than they seem. Versatile too, DE and DL experience. 

Sub 5.0 40, good motor, long arms, versatile. Seems like a good rotation piece that could develop into a undersized 34DE.

Honestly, kid looks and plays a lot Dre’Mont.

Edited by BroncosFan2010
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Agim played on a complete dumpster fire Arkansas team. Hard to hold that against him. I will trust Bill Kollar to maximize his potential.

Yeah Arkansas was a mess. CSU beat them in 2018 and then would have beat them in Fayetteville last fall if our QB didn’t blow out his knee for the 3rd time.

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Athlon Sports guide has him rated as their ninth best DT, and they graded him in the third to fourth round range. However, he doesn't seem to fit a 3-4 as a DE.

That's the big issue - he's more of a 4-3 guy.   But he's got an intriguing ceiling, so I get why Fangio is intrigued.  I just kinda think we'd have gone with Bartch at 3.95 (or Niang, but I like Bartch's ceiling more).   It would be awesome if Bartch was there at 4.118.

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Guy was a disruptive interior presence in the best division in college football on a crap team. Fits all the character/leadership qualities they like, continuing a theme for this round. 

6’3 athletic with 33 1/2 inch arms this talk of him not being able to play end in a 3-4 is nonsense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

6’3 athletic with 33 1/2 inch arms this talk of him not being able to play end in a 3-4 is nonsense. 

It's more his ability to hold up vs. the run.  As a pass rusher it's a moot point for sure.

Edited by Broncofan

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

I am going to default a bit to Fangio on these 2 defensive picks.  Definitely high upside players...but also questionable as hell.

Agreed.  From the reading I’ve done I prefer Agim over Ojemudia, but full disclosure I know next to nothing about either

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Here's the thing: Is he letting Kollar select a player or two? They tried that four years ago when they took Gotsis in Round 2. He isn't on the team anymore.

I don't know if they're letting Kollar pick per se. But others don't seem to hate this pick all that much. I have not watched much of Arkansas, but Agim sounds like a guy not that dissimilar to DreMont Jones, who can be a good rotational piece in passing situations.