2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

I have to say that I was really rooting for Kelly - the guy had so much potential, but clearly his head was never right. He is on the Colts roster and hopefully he can sort himself out and become a decent pro.

I hope that too. I actively try to never wish for someone to fail, assuming their transgressions are redeemable. His clearly are. At 26 he has time, but needs to get it sorted ASAP. He easily could become one of the best backup QB's in the league, or even a replacement level starter. He had some wow moments two preseasons ago that got me more excited for a young Denver QB than I have been since Cutler. 

29 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Interesting that the Broncos tried to move up for Hennessy after taking Ojemudia. I’m happy with Cushenberry. 

Hennessey is a better fit for a hyper mobile zone based scheme.   I’m guessing that was the thinking.  I’m very happy with Cushenberry but I admit I see the reasoning.   Both were huge value gets at Rd3. 

36 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Interesting that the Broncos tried to move up for Hennessy after taking Ojemudia. I’m happy with Cushenberry. 

I didn't know that. That's pretty interesting. Drafting Hennesey sure would have made figuring out the OL makeup easier. 

Heard that before this foot injury Netane Muti was talked about as a potential 2nd round talent. Dr's say his Lisc Frank injury is healing well, ahead of schedule. This guys sounds motivated, excited andready to play for the Broncos, confidant as he said he "is the best OG in this draft" and if healthy, I think he's right.

Heard that before this foot injury Netane Muti was talked about as a potential 2nd round talent. Dr's say his Lisc Frank injury is healing well, ahead of schedule. This guys sounds motivated, excited andready to play for the Broncos, confidant as he said he "is the best OG in this draft" and if healthy, I think he's right.

He is one of those guys whos testing numbers, even healthy, wouldn't stand out. He looks about average height, weight, length, athleticism, etc. But he just knows how to play football. He has the toughness, strength, technique and motivation to become a starting level OG. Such great value in R6. Albeit Glasgow has much better length, but other than that they are similar in that they were polished coming out and both have much better power than you would expect when looking at their weights. 

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

He is one of those guys whos testing numbers, even healthy, wouldn't stand out. He looks about average height, weight, length, athleticism, etc. But he just knows how to play football. He has the toughness, strength, technique and motivation to become a starting level OG. Such great value in R6. Albeit Glasgow has much better length, but other than that they are similar in that they were polished coming out and both have much better power than you would expect when looking at their weights. 

I don't know about that. 44 reps in the Bench Press stood out to me.

His outstanding assets are he's strong as a bull and plays violent.He's a bit of a plodder and not as laterally agile as you'd  but would be outstanding at LG. Watch some of his freshman tape. It's a riot!

• Like 1

Watch some of his freshman tape. It's a riot!

Wow, just did. This boy is mean, and he eats his Wheaties. 

Not sure I have ever watched a IOL highlight of a Freshman look so dominant. Love that his testing strength translates to the field. McGovern was a weight room warrior but I would only call him above average to really good in terms of strength on the field. This guy looks exactly as powerful on the field as you would expect from a 44 bench rep prospect. His elite weight room strength translates to elite playing strength. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Not sure I have ever watched a IOL highlight of a Freshman look so dominant. Love that his testing strength translates to the field. McGovern was a weight room warrior but I would only call him above average to really good in terms of strength on the field. This guy looks exactly as powerful on the field as you would expect from a 44 bench rep prospect. His elite weight room strength translates to elite playing strength. 

Yeah.  I had actually seen Muti awhile back.  I read something about Quinton Nelson and Muti being the only OL’s that you could watch an actual highlight tape of them rolling people.  At one time he was thought of as a future 1st round pick.

Anyway, he looked far different when able to play this year.  Hopefully he’s able to get fully healthy and there’s a chance he can return to the form he had early in his career.  What a coup that would be with a 6th round pick.

34 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I knew you'd like that!

He does that for 4 quarters also. One thing I think is really funny is watching him pull. No one will ever call him fleet footed, but even at that slow speed he just blows guys up when he gets there.   His upper body explosion is just off the charts.

• Like 2