2020 Day 1 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

25 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It doesn't seem to be a great draft to be 3-10.  The premiums don't seem all that premium to me. That Detroit pick is "useless" but I don't feel sorry for them

The funniest part is that Detroit and NYG both want sell the pick to someone picking a QB, but the two teams liable to take a QB high pick 5th and 6th (after DET and NYG) and the Dolphins have so much draft capital the Chargers have no hopes of outbidding them, so they won't try.

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm not advocating for trading our entire draft.  I'm advocating for minimal 5th-7th round picks.

Use them to move up in the other rounds. 

According to the TVC, that'd get the Packers to the 122nd pick.  But why would the Colts make that deal?

47 minutes ago, Norm said:

[Canfora] What I hear on Dolphins QB situation, FWIW: They think Burrow is Montana. Have offered a ton. Bengals certain to keep pick. They like Tua a lot but medical is a concern. They aren't big on Herbert. They are super intrigued by Love's upside.

Dolphins read my posts here. Norm for GM

Leave it to the Dolphins to accrue all that draft capital and then mess it up. 

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Who are some high draft picks that could be medically red-flagged or off the Packers board?:   Tua(Body), Blacklock(Achilles), Jaylon Johnson (shoulders), Terrell Lewis (neck to toes).  Anyone else?

Shenault, maybe Higgins or Kinlaw but unliklely.

33 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The funniest part is that Detroit and NYG both want sell the pick to someone picking a QB, but the two teams liable to take a QB high pick 5th and 6th (after DET and NYG) and the Dolphins have so much draft capital the Chargers have no hopes of outbidding them, so they won't try.

And I don't think anyone really wants to take Tua or Herbert that high, much less trade up to do it. Fans can complain about Rodgers till the cows come home .........

57 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Made money and if not for a historical collapse... should of had a Super Bowl.

Having the best player at a given position, more so a highly visible position matters. It is still a business. Think the bengals, dolphins and browns wouldn’t take the success Atl has had over the last decade?

Didnt result in a title but honestly in the last 20 years only 12 different teams have won the title. If you aren’t getting a title you need to be relevant to make money in your market.

Atl has been relevant during Julio’s time. I’d also argue the talent level of players hasnt been the thing holding them back... it’s been coaching. When they had better coaches they were better. Shanahan is way better than any OC they have gotten after him.

Lol coaching got them to the Super Bowl. I'd respond to this more thoroughly if i wasnt at work.

They've made the playoffs half the season's Julios been in the league and made it past the divisional round once. But sure people talk about how good they are, sometimes? Hope that's not the objective.

Aiyuk and Reagor are really raw. Explosive, but raw. I don't know if either will be worth a damn blocking either. Just not sure how high we'll be on either. 

Claypool and Shenault are raw and explosive, but you get the size to be a plus blocker in there. Think the odds are better with those guys that they'll be high on the board. 

Then you have the complete players who may not be extreme athletes but were super productive in Pittman, Tyler Johnson and Bryan Edwards. Think they'll be high on our board too.

I have a hard time seeing us go for Reagor or Aiyuk. 

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Lol coaching got them to the Super Bowl. I'd respond to this more thoroughly if i wasnt at work.

They've made the playoffs half the season's Julios been in the league and made it past the divisional round once. But sure people talk about how good they are, sometimes? Hope that's not the objective.

Ummm yeah... that’s what I said with my Shanahan comment. That’s my point the rest of the coaches have been poor. When they had coaches they got to the super bowl and had historic numbers. With many of the same guys minus those coaches they have been bad.

And honestly what do you think most owners want out of their teams? I don’t buy the first thing on every owners mind is winning a super bowl. There are only a few franchises that have that mindset.

Most just want to be relevant so they make a profit. Having marketable players help this. Giving up what they did for Julio didn’t screw them... I’d argue the same for the bears and Mack. It was other bigger structural choices that did.

Heck Julio was a great pick given that they said Matt Ryan is their guy. They need higher end talent to build him up.

Edited by Green19