Draft Day Thread: Day 1

MrOaktown_56

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If it's 12 and one of our 3rd's I'd do it.  Wr class is deep and Okudah is the best CB in the draft

I’m saying the Cards probably would want Okudah. Peterson is 30 and Murphy is a Nickel Corner. Gives them a dominant trio, and Petersons future replacement in a couple years. 

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Kind of early for this thread, but anyways, here is my board for Picks 12 and 19 tomorrow:

Big Board:

Pick 12: 

Not going to list Burrow or Young, as we obviously know that’s not going to happen. 

1) Tua Tagovailoa (2% chance he falls)

Franchise QB all the way. If Mayock and Gruden are ok with the medicals, sign me up. 

2) Jeff Okudah (5-6% chance he falls)

CB is the biggest need on this football team, by far. And Jeff Okudah is a Top 5 player in this Draft Class. This obviously makes a ton of sense. 

3) Isaiah Simmons (20% chance he falls)

Simmons is a huge difference maker and one of the best versatile defensive chess pieces we’ve ever seen come out of the draft. I’d be a really happy man if we got Simmons. 

4) Derrick Brown (20% chance he falls)

We need a DT and I think Derrick Brown is a Top 5 player in this class. He’s physical, he’s nasty, and he’s a way better pass rusher than people give him credit for. 

More realistic territory:

5) Jerry Jeudy

My WR1 in this class. And fits Grudens offense like a glove. One of the most polished WRs I’ve ever seen coming out. And his ceiling is way higher than people think, in my opinion. 

6) Henry Ruggs III

4.2 speed and a very well rounded WR. Runs routes well, almost never drops balls, and more of a jump ball guy than people give him credit for. He can take the top off a defense and defensive coordinators will always have to game plan for him heavily unlike Jeudy/Lamb. He will give DC’s nightmares. 

7) Javon Kinlaw

Just watched his tape again recently, he’s very raw but we have the best DL coach in the NFL. This mans power, athleticism, and initial get-off is insane. Rod could turn him into a scary force in the NFL. 

8) CeeDee Lamb

Not as high on Lamb as most but I still do like him. Plays physical (needs to add mass though), great contested-catch guy, and good route runner. I wouldn’t be mad if he was the pick. 

Pick 19:

1) Jaylon Johnson

Tough, physical, press corner who fits what Mayock and Gruden like. He’s a dog and sticks to WRs hips. Not the greatest long speed but it’s good enough. His instincts are the best in this class. Not to confuse instincts and technique. Best technique goes to Okudah by a large margin. 

2) Ross Blacklock

I’m a big fan of this guy. I think his first step is lightning quick and his bull-rush is insane. You can’t guard him one on one. I think he has the potential to be a great 3T at the next level. 

3) AJ Terrell

This is one Raider Fans seem to be in agreement on. We wouldn’t love it, but we would all like it. A consensus agreement among Raider Fans. He has great long-speed, solid man coverage, and good instincts. Great size too. Love his height and arm length. 

4) Marlon Davidson

Here’s a new one. Davidson is projected to go in the 1st lately and he projects to be a 3T in the NFL in a 4 man front. He’s actually quite the athlete, very powerful, and has tons of of potential. Would not be upset if he’s the pick. 

5) Jordan Love

Yes, you can hate me for this one, but it’s merely a BPA type of pick. I really like Love, as you guys know. I would have no issues at all if Love is the pick at 19. At 12 though I’d probably have a minor issue with that. 

6) Zack Baun

Explosive player who can play 4-3 SAM, and also play in the Nickel Formation. Can probably put his hand in the dirt as well. Solid pass rusher, very twitchy, and can cover TEs/RBs very well. He is the complete package. 

7) Patrick Queen

Very solid all-around LB. Would be higher on my list if we didn’t sign Littleton. 

Notes:

- CJ Henderson is not on my board at all at Picks 12/19 for refusing to tackle. 

- I wouldn’t hate Kristian Fulton at 19 (although wouldn’t like it) but please Mike, Jon... no Trevon Diggs at 19 is my only request. 

Hope you guys enjoy the draft and have a blast!!

Here’s my big board again before the draft.  Hope it goes like this, but if it doesn’t, I’m literally ok with just about anything Mayock and Gruden do. In Mayock, I trust. He has earned our trust so far. So whatever he decides, I’ll be on board! 

Edited by BayRaider

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Trade up to 7 is doable. 7+38 for 12+19 is not too far off according to the chart. At 38, you could still get a good WR like Pittman or Shenault. Would you do it?

Very interesting idea. If it's for Okudah >> any other CB, but Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs >> any other WR. It would be a hard time deciding.