2020 Draft | Eagles WAR ROOM- Day One

Kiltman

What are the knocks against Jefferson at 21? Issue with value? Fit? Talent? All 3?

I haven’t fallen in love with any of the 2nd tier WRs, nor come to hate any of them. I will probably have a very dispassionate reaction unless it’s a non-WR (at least until/unless we take a tier 2 WR tomorrow) or Ruggs falls past 14 and we get him. I guess a trade up for Lamb or Jeudy would be awesome too if price is right.

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

What are the knocks against Jefferson at 21? Issue with value? Fit? Talent? All 3?

I haven’t fallen in love with any of the 2nd tier WRs, nor come to hate any of them. I will probably have a very dispassionate reaction unless it’s a non-WR (at least until/unless we take a tier 2 WR tomorrow) or Ruggs falls past 14 and we get him. I guess a trade up for Lamb or Jeudy would be awesome too if price is right.

To me is that he doesn't have any track record of winning consistently on the outside in college. Unless he is Keenan Allen, I just don't see how taking a slot player at 21 really improves our offense. There are tons of other quality slot WR's that can be had all the way throughout the draft. At the end of the day, if he is the pick I'm not throwing things but I would rather have Reagor or even Mims over him for that reason. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think it's the facts that it's really easy to find a slot WR (insanely deep in this draft), that's where he projects to best, questionable ability to play outside, our TE own the middle of the field, honestly Greg Ward can be your slot WR as long as you shore up the outside. I won't throw my pizza and breadsticks I just ordered out into the street if we pick him, but I'll probably lose my appetite for the night.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To me is that he doesn't have any track record of winning consistently on the outside in college. Unless he is Keenan Allen, I just don't see how taking a slot player at 21 really improves our offense. There are tons of other quality slot WR's that can be had all the way throughout the draft. At the end of the day, if he is the pick I'm not throwing things but I would rather have Reagor or even Mims over him for that reason. 

This, plus he doesn't look like a 4.4 guy during games. He screams Tyler Boyd to me, which is cool,  but I'd rather try to find an Allen Robinson or even just another Alshon that isn't an injury prone weener.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think it's the facts that it's really easy to find a slot WR (insanely deep in this draft), that's where he projects to best, questionable ability to play outside, our TE own the middle of the field, honestly Greg Ward can be your slot WR as long as you shore up the outside. I won't throw my pizza and breadsticks I just ordered out into the street if we pick him, but I'll probably lose my appetite for the night.

I will gladly take said pizza and breadsticks off your hand regardless of who is picked 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

My problem is he and ertz fill the same role in an offense. So he doesnt add anything to the team.