2020 Draft Day Thread

Bobby816

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not against it. Just a bit upset we came out of the “deepest wr draft ever” with 1 WR. While I really like him. That doesn’t help us depth wise

I think the Jets are high on Smith and Berrios. Couple that with us signing two former 1st round WR picks and the return of Herndon and drafting Mims, I think they feel much more comfortable than the fans do with their receiving weapons.  

4 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I think the Jets are high on Smith and Berrios. Couple that with us signing two former 1st round WR picks and the return of Herndon and drafting Mims, I think they feel much more comfortable than the fans do with their receiving weapons.  

With all these WRs joining teams expect a few good vets to probably hit the market.  I bet we aren't done and will look for another guy who unexpectedly hits the market after TC cuts.

Honestly outside of maybe 1 more solid WR we really did a great job in 1 offseason retooling this team and filling holes.

This team is good enough to be a playoff team next year.  Time for Sam to step up.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

With all these WRs joining teams expect a few good vets to probably hit the market.  I bet we aren't done and will look for another guy who unexpectedly hits the market after TC cuts.

Honestly outside of maybe 1 more solid WR we really did a great job in 1 offseason retooling this team and filling holes.

This team is good enough to be a playoff team next year.  Time for Sam to step up.

That’s the big takeaway. We really don’t have an area that will hold Sam back. However, unless Mims balls out day 1, we likely don’t have a guy who can bail him out. But that’s alright. We will learn who Sam is this year. If Mims or Perriman becomes a #1, great. Otherwise, next years WR class is stacked.

But we can compete this year which is great.

14 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That’s the big takeaway. We really don’t have an area that will hold Sam back. However, unless Mims balls out day 1, we likely don’t have a guy who can bail him out. But that’s alright. We will learn who Sam is this year. If Mims or Perriman becomes a #1, great. Otherwise, next years WR class is stacked.

But we can compete this year which is great.

To be fair, Ryan Griffin was Mr. Bail out all last season and I feel like he was Sam’s favorite target. That goes under the radar.

• Like 2