2020 NFL draft discussion thread (Spoiler free thread)

Totty

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Him and Thomas were both 1a and 1b for me. You could argue that Wirfs and Becton have more potential, but Wills is far safer and should at worst be solid at the next level. And where the Browns are at, they just need a good LT... they don't necessarily need an elite one.

Yeah.  Makes sense to me.  Wills and Becton were 1a 1b for me...for pretty much opposite reasons.  But to me, Wills kinda feels like what a lot of people are projecting Thomas as.  That "safe" high floor/low ceiling sort of guy.  That should be enough, just getting it shored up to "good enough".

Becton is an absolute dancing bear though, with the huge upside.  Really like that for the Jets investing in an OLine to protect their QB of the future - even if i'm still not sold on Darnold as being exactly that.  Give him a chance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

He's going to be damn good.

I know we saw him differently (maybe not as good with you guys with the switch in what you ask from your corners), but he's got such elite traits.

Once Brown and Simmons went off the board....

I agreed he had elite traits if you put him in the right scheme.  I have said once i seriously sit and watched him this whole week if you put him in a man to man scheme he would dominate.   Thats just not what we run anymore under morris and we don't have the safety's nor the other CB's to run the scheme to make up for him just 1 player.    Im calling it now if the Jags are a man to man csheme defense Henderson will be phenomenal and a great pick for them.

Edited by FalconFan13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Raves said:

Even if this dude moves to OG he should be more than worth the pick as an OG can be as valuable as an OT in the NFL nowadays with guys the inside pass rushers that are in the NFL today.

Don't really see how Becton would work at OG really.  He's just...too huge for that probably.  Kind of boom or bust LT.  Will either be a cornerstone LT, or he'll eat a lot of food and get cut and signed by like 6 different teams over the next 5 years who keep trying to "fix" him.