1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

Love might boom.  He might bust.  Nobody knows.  What I DO know is that this saves us a top 8 pick when we inevitably have that meltdown season.  Love taking two years to learn is like getting the top WB prospect in any draft class because they instantly come in pro ready with experience and full knowledge of the playbook and teammates.  He’s also very young still.

All at the cost of 30th overall and a 4th round pick.  Great move by Gute.

Not the move I would have hoped for. Surprised more at the trade to move up than anything else but even there, I can't really complain about the price. It's fair for the move.

As for Love... He looks like he has all the tools you want. Honestly he made me want to go back and I see some of Rodgers at Cal there. The release is a little weird, the feet need work but are OK, and all the tools are there. He will get the same chance to put them together. I know for most teams it isn't that easy, but it doesn't mean it couldn't work again. Sure it doesn't help this year, but if it does work, the Packers are set at QB from 1992-2030

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Other than SEA, BAL, TEN, MIA (and whoever we traded with I don't even know) there are 26 other teams who could have traded up to draft Love.

Guarantee there is a minimum of one GM tonight kicking himself over this.

Hopefully it’s Gute. 

J/K.  Kinda. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CalhounLambeau said:

I'm being open-minded. 

Name one other player on Utah State's offense. He had nothing to work with. He was just trying to make something happen half the time. 

Not wild about his make-up. Super talented. Another first-round pick with no impact. No boost. 

We're once again looking up at other teams in the NFC with one of our last chances to go all the way.

More of the same. 

Exactly. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

I'm gonna laugh when we get a WR and ILB in the 2nd and 3rd that provide the same type of impact as the WR and ILB that went today. Oh, and we got our QBotf. Losers.

Also this. Yes.

You just KNOW people would have loved Shenault in the 1st and Love in the 2nd. But will HATE Love in the first and Shenault in the 2nd lol

• Like 4