1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Love threw over the middle more this year than Aaron did.

I wonder why so many guys are open ? Could the game be over and they are playing a prevent defense? No more than 4 rushing with 2 deep safety mostly in zone. Kid had a couple good throws in there but lets not act like this means much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

I wonder why so many guys are open ? Could the game be over and they are playing a prevent defense? No more than 4 rushing with 2 deep safety mostly in zone. Kid had a couple good throws in there but lets not act like this means much. 

That game was far from over though

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

It does mean much.

The Eagles game was not over. Love throws to the middle of the field.

You could play a highlight reel of Aaron's passes over the middle the past two seasons and it wouldn't match any other QB in the league.

Everyone wants to crown him for his TD:INT ratio, but if you put in bad plays, sacks, missed open receivers, Aaron would be closer to the bottom than the top.

That's not hyperbole.

In 2018 he was dead last in bad plays.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/17/aaron-rodgers-avoids-interceptions-but-he-leads-the-nfl-in-bad-plays/

Everyone who has defended Rodgers relentlessly over the past 8 years is going to be singing a different tune and hoping nobody goes back to search as soon as Love actually takes over.

You'll be hearing things like, "I was with Rodgers until 2022." "I thought he was regressing as soon as 2020." "I always said he never took enough risks." "As soon as Love hit Watson for that huge 60 yard TD pass over the middle, I knew it was Love time."

But in reality, there are a dozen people here who see it with Rodgers.

And the same thing will happen with Love. And it shouldn't.

The franchise QB era of football is dead.

It's why Allen just led the league in turnovers and Daniel ****ing Jones had a great year with worse receivers than Rodgers has. Daboll. It's why Tua let loose. It's why Lawrence just gave the Chiefs a close game. It's why the Bengals just destroyed the Bills, and the Bills GM literally just admitted to it. "Burrow and Chase on rookie contracts." Like no ****ing ****, I've been saying this for ten years.

Purdy, Hurts, Burrow and Mahomes. 3/4 are on rookie contracts. The other is a generational talent better than Rodgers was in Aaron's prime, and Mahomes still probably won't go 2-0 against rookie contract quarterbacks.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2023 at 12:33 PM, Packerraymond said:

I don't mean to be rude, but what the hell are you seeing? I'm seeing a pick more than a completion, let alone a 30 yarder. That's a soft loft over 4 guys before it gets to Bobby, DB turns his head around and it's a pick.

The play is supposed to go to Laz, and that blitzer needed to be picked up by Dillon. No way we called the protection to throw hot in the 2 minute on 3rd and 10. You max protect that and hope to burn their aggression.

I don't see a 30-yard gain and I sure as hell don't see a pick. The DB has his back turned to Rodgers. Tonyan gets 8 yards or so easy. IF he manages to elude that DB, he's got something bigger going on. 

That is a throw NFL QB's should complete 90+% of the time. 

17 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think Love threw over the middle more this year than Aaron did.

For sure! The other thing that stood out to me was his decisiveness. He his back foot hit at the top of his drop and the ball was out or he was on to the next progression.

It's a glimpse of MFL's offense the way he actually wanted it to be run. Maybe the first time in four years. 

I hated the draft pick (still do) but it's time to see what we have in him. I like Aaron, and I'm not going to turn on him like 90% of the base seemingly has but it's become abundantly clear we cannot win a Super Bowl with him. That was clear last season and why I was hoping we would've moved on then. Regardless, it's time to see what the Pack have in Love, and if he's not the guy, then they have to find the guy.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It does mean much.

The Eagles game was not over. Love throws to the middle of the field.

You could play a highlight reel of Aaron's passes over the middle the past two seasons and it wouldn't match any other QB in the league.

Everyone wants to crown him for his TD:INT ratio, but if you put in bad plays, sacks, missed open receivers, Aaron would be closer to the bottom than the top.

That's not hyperbole.

In 2018 he was dead last in bad plays.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/17/aaron-rodgers-avoids-interceptions-but-he-leads-the-nfl-in-bad-plays/

Everyone who has defended Rodgers relentlessly over the past 8 years is going to be singing a different tune and hoping nobody goes back to search as soon as Love actually takes over.

You'll be hearing things like, "I was with Rodgers until 2022." "I thought he was regressing as soon as 2020." "I always said he never took enough risks." "As soon as Love hit Watson for that huge 60 yard TD pass over the middle, I knew it was Love time."

But in reality, there are a dozen people here who see it with Rodgers.

And the same thing will happen with Love. And it shouldn't.

The franchise QB era of football is dead.

It's why Allen just led the league in turnovers and Daniel ****ing Jones had a great year with worse receivers than Rodgers has. Daboll. It's why Tua let loose. It's why Lawrence just gave the Chiefs a close game. It's why the Bengals just destroyed the Bills, and the Bills GM literally just admitted to it. "Burrow and Chase on rookie contracts." Like no ****ing ****, I've been saying this for ten years.

Purdy, Hurts, Burrow and Mahomes. 3/4 are on rookie contracts. The other is a generational talent better than Rodgers was in Aaron's prime, and Mahomes still probably won't go 2-0 against rookie contract quarterbacks.

If there's a QB we like this year, it makes the most sense (as I know you've mentioned) to trade both Rodgers and Love and get a haul of picks the next 2 years, build up the OL and defense and roll with a QB we like on a rookie contract.

That would be a serious 4D chess move that would take balls and pay dividends.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

If there's a QB we like this year, it makes the most sense (as I know you've mentioned) to trade both Rodgers and Love and get a haul of picks the next 2 years, build up the OL and defense and roll with a QB we like on a rookie contract.

That would be a serious 4D chess move that would take balls and pay dividends.

I think the Reason we've had success over 30 years at QB is we didn't force them in immediately. If we really had balls, we'd trade Rodgers and give Love an extension at a reasonable price after we trade Rodgers telling Love he's the guy. Get a discount on the come thinking he's going to succeed.

There isn't a quarterback in this draft I like that much tbh. 

This thread is useless.

As useless as Jordan Love.

Let's just call it already...he's a bust.  3 years in the league.  With a pretty old QB far from his glory days ahead of him on the depth chart.  And about the best thing I can say about him is that he is usually hanging around the head coach on the sidelines with his helmet on.

But without the chinstrap snapped.  What gives?  No commitment to the team if you don't button that chinstrap.

Oh, he made a couple throws against a prevent at Philly.  Well, almost a prevent.  Well, okay it was a deep zone with some man underneath.  Fine.  The kid made throws at the end of one game.  And needed to throw to Watson to score a TD.  Watson for crying out loud.  Anyone can use Watson for a TD.

Guess it's better than getting a TD off of a tight end screen in a meaningless game.

So, I met the kid.  Actually I saw him on a pier in Sister Bay.  And?  I can tell you this...ugly girlfriend.  Ginger.  Red hair, freckles and the whitest skin I've ever seen and that's saying something.  He had two dogs with him chasing sticks that were thrown into the water.  Actually, three dogs if you count the girlfriend.

Nothing about this kid adds up to a capable NFL QB.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

This thread is useless.

As useless as Jordan Love.

Let's just call it already...he's a bust.  3 years in the league.  With a pretty old QB far from his glory days ahead of him on the depth chart.  And about the best thing I can say about him is that he is usually hanging around the head coach on the sidelines with his helmet on.

But without the chinstrap snapped.  What gives?  No commitment to the team if you don't button that chinstrap.

Oh, he made a couple throws against a prevent at Philly.  Well, almost a prevent.  Well, okay it was a deep zone with some man underneath.  Fine.  The kid made throws at the end of one game.  And need to throw to Watson to score a TD.

Guess it's better than getting a TD off of a tight end screen in a meaningless game.

So, I met the kid.  Actually I saw him on a pier in Sister Bay.  And?  I can tell you this...ugly girlfriend.  Ginger.  Red hair, freckles and the whitest skin I've ever seen and that's saying something.  He had two dogs with him chasing sticks that were thrown into the water.  Actually, three dogs if you count the girlfriend.

Nothing about this kid adds up to a capable NFL QB.

You're going to play this for all it's worth aren't you! 😁

• Like 2