1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

You realize this article the scout says he would have love ranked 4th best QB ahead of Levis in this draft... Right? Not exactly a ringing endorsement. We have some here that think we wouldn't trade number one overall this year for Love..

ya I was going off the GB source I quoted who have watched him the last 3 years, not a scout outside the building.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Everyone buckle up, I'm officially calling it. Jordan Love has got "it". 

We're going to be spoiled again.

Time to order that Utah St Jordan Love jersey.

I love the positivity and I’m encouraged by what I’ve seen in growth from Love over the past year or so. I think he’s going to be a good/very good QB.

but we can’t forget exactly how great prime Rodgers was. He was even better than our other HOF QB before him and was perhaps the most talented passer of all-time.  he also did much of it in an era where you could still somewhat hit the QB/receivers etc.

Don’t think that level of transition happening again. And if it does someone from GB made a deal with the devil.

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Okay...? No one is saying he didn't have the tools worthy of being a first round pick and I didn't post the article. I actually read it to get more excited about love after seeing the quote and was shocked to see him ranked that low.

The question was as a rookie. The counter point is that rookies who have the talent/all rooky QB's, still need fundamentals drilled in and therefore can't play year 1 (they can but it risks perpetuating the lack of fundamentals). However, another point is institutional, and I think far more profound. Watching Favre wasn't necessarily a lesson for Rodgers in the traditional sense, because at the end of the day there have only been so many qbs on their level. Rodgers said that Favre put him in a position where he wasn't the best player on the field, plus his whole job - by year three especially - was basically to analyze every inch of Favre's game.

So what does Rodgers hold as his "calling cards per se"? Maybe to boil it down a bit, a slightly tweaked leadership model and a extreme aversion to turnovers (Favre's big downfall). At the same time, some of Favre's best traits, really good footwork, a solid mentality, a lot of the ad hoc innovation carry on with slight adjustments for individuality. I teach institutional politics, and the big take away for almost every one of them is that no-one can teach you how to navigate them, showing is a far more powerful tool - especially in competitive environments. GB got lucky in Favre, but in the last quarter century they have built the institution that will make Love a special player.      

11 hours ago, R T said:

Question for you, who has a better season in 2023? Stroud, Young, Levis, Richardson or Love.

11 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

I'll let you know when I find my crystal ball. I would have thought most would have him higher than 4th compared to this years class and I'm not saying this guy is right. I just pointed out the fact he has him rather low.

Also the better year is irrelevant when it's not contending for a title. You obviously want the better player long term, which is possible turns out to be Jordan Love. I hope that's the case as well. I'm all about good Packers teams 

None gets drafted in the first 10 rounds of a fantasy draft, 12 teams, right?

We are talking stats here.  But if there is one that could "blow up", it is Love.  Easily.  

I haven't seen the others guys throw or move...but....Love is bigger, right?  Size wise?  And he's been trained.  We are in a good spot with him.  He's gonna look like a first year starter.  

Dreadful at times.  Amazing at times.  Mediocre at times.  What we need from him is to have the game slow down.  Not sure if that happens in year one of starting.  My guess is that it will be both a bumpy and exhilarating ride.  (took me 3 tries to spell exhilarating correctly)

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Richardson is 6'4" 240 with a cannon arm and blew the doors off the combine testing. 

Also doesn't have anywhere near Loves CFB starting experience.

Yeah, he's the athlete pretending to play quarterback.  That'll work out.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Speaking of which, are there any WRs with Jordyzzz-like skill sets in this draft? I heard there was a CB from Iowa like that.

No clue.  I'm all locked in on the OSU receiver with 3 names.  He's perfection. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I am heartily entertained by your being all in on a player whose name you are not bothering to learn, and I say that in a that's how I roll too kind of way.

If this is the guy that moves slow but then is really open we can call him Sharon Stone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I am heartily entertained by your being all in on a player whose name you are not bothering to learn, and I say that in a that's how I roll too kind of way.

If this is the guy that moves slow but then is really open we can call him Sharon Stone.

Needs 3 letters.  SFS.  Sharon 'Freakin Stone.

That'll work.

And I always forget that kid's name.  Just like I can't tell you MVS's full name without googling it.

Martavious Van Scantling comes to mind.  Or Marques Van Scantling.  Rarely do I get to Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

48 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

JSN at 15 would be lovely.  Feels reminiscent of when we dreamt of Justin Jefferson falling to us in 2020 except this time we might get our guy.

Watson, Doubs and JSN would be a helluva WR trio going fwd.

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

The question was as a rookie. The counter point is that rookies who have the talent/all rooky QB's, still need fundamentals drilled in and therefore can't play year 1 (they can but it risks perpetuating the lack of fundamentals). However, another point is institutional, and I think far more profound. Watching Favre wasn't necessarily a lesson for Rodgers in the traditional sense, because at the end of the day there have only been so many qbs on their level. Rodgers said that Favre put him in a position where he wasn't the best player on the field, plus his whole job - by year three especially - was basically to analyze every inch of Favre's game.

So what does Rodgers hold as his "calling cards per se"? Maybe to boil it down a bit, a slightly tweaked leadership model and a extreme aversion to turnovers (Favre's big downfall). At the same time, some of Favre's best traits, really good footwork, a solid mentality, a lot of the ad hoc innovation carry on with slight adjustments for individuality. I teach institutional politics, and the big take away for almost every one of them is that no-one can teach you how to navigate them, showing is a far more powerful tool - especially in competitive environments. GB got lucky in Favre, but in the last quarter century they have built the institution that will make Love a special player.      

That doesn't apply to football. How many qbs sat behind Tom Brady with the greatest coach ever and turned into nothing? Rodgers being a generational talent had way more to do with his success than watching Favre. He certainly learned things by watching Favre but his arm talent and mind for the game was the biggest factor in his success. 

Are you really saying our institution made Rodgers the player he is and it's all but a guarantee for Love? That's absurd. 

Edited by PackFan13