1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I remember that 2005 draft.  Lot of people were real mad that they took Rodgers instead of a weapon for Favre.

I wasn't one of them. I had grown tired of the mindless interceptions that persisted through 2007.

3 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I really don't get the trade up.  Let the draft come to you.  If you don't like your choices, trade back even if you don't get perfect value.

I doubt this pans out.  He just doesn't strike me as a difference maker.  Could be a serviceable guy as a ceiling.  Hope I'm wrong and we just did the incredible back to back to back...

And risk your guy being plucked before your eyes?  I'd rather be proactive and grab your guy, so long as you don't mortgage your franchise's future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's something he has to work on, but those numbers don't tell the whole story. His QBs who were throwing to him were, to put it nicely, absolute dog crap. "Catchable Balls" doesn't mean "well thrown pases"

That’s fine... draft night is a happy fun time for all teams and their fans. Hopefully he works out. Just like I hope Love is the next Rodgers.

Im just saying everyone saying Love is a terrible pick I see raiders and eagles making questionable picks.

6 minutes ago, rthom348 said:

This isn't the same situation as Favre/Rodgers and you know it. Like I asked before...What happens when Love dominates but our front office doesn't surround him with as much talent as possible? Does our front office actually believe in a "window" of super bowl contention? Or are we a franchise that strictly wants to be decent for the foreseeable future and never actually go for the top of the mountain? I want Love to be worth this pick, I really do. But even if he turns out to be a beast, it'll be by the time we have to pay him big money and we won't have resources to surround him with help. EXCEPT for the future drafts. But I'm not very confident in our front office when it comes to drafting quality players in early rounds.

I feel like we just drafted the next Aaron Brooks. Or Jay Cutler.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Of course he does but every draft pick does. If we drafted Mims at 30... and Rodger Ls ignored throwing to him because he can’t get on the same page was it useful?

Gute has his Ted moment. He did all to win now last year... this year he saw a guy worth developing. And he didn’t mind pulling the trigger regardless what everyone thinks. GB has another 20 years of amazing QB play every nfl fan base will hate us... because it’s not their team.

Not every pick is compared to HOF QB status.

If Gute picked Love to have a TT moment as you say, then that's exactly the wrong reason, and I sure as **** hope that's not the case here.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except we spent the last 4 months hearing about how flawed the Packers are.  Either way, we're getting further away from the point.  The point goes back to the reality that if you think you have the opportunity to draft a franchise QB, you do it.  Especially when your current franchise QB is 36 years old and playing some of his worst football of his career.  As for Epenesa, he's a lousy athlete and a miserable fit in our defense.  And I'd argue the odds are stacked against Love.  But you don't pass on a franchise QB for a "safer" pick.  How many teams passed on a safer pick instead of Rodgers?

I'm not getting further away from my point. Epenesa was a lousy athlete for an Edge, but not for a DE. Regardless, as I said, I believed one more pick on defense could have made the difference and I wanted to find out. Coupled with a WR who wouldn't get benched or allowed to walk, I wanted to see if that made a difference. We'll never know but have a QB that has 1% chance if hitting 4 years from now. Excuse me if I don't jump for joy

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

Okay. I've now officially watched my first Jordan Love highlight reel.......and like most highlight reels, it did not disappoint :)

I like his size and weight....thats a plus. He's not a midget or some "gadget" QB who cant see over his lineman.  He certainly seems to have a strong enough arm. He can deliver a pass with *intent* - necessary in the NFL. 

He's already got AR footwork :) as he delivers more than a few passes on one foot....but the ball seems to get where its supposed to none the less.

We'll see. The guy's clearly not a bum. I trust in our FO well enough that they wouldnt pull off a draft move and selection w/o recognizing the guy's got skills. It's just gonna be awhile. Oh well. Not the end of the world.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except we spent the last 4 months hearing about how flawed the Packers are.  Either way, we're getting further away from the point.  The point goes back to the reality that if you think you have the opportunity to draft a franchise QB, you do it.  Especially when your current franchise QB is 36 years old and playing some of his worst football of his career.  As for Epenesa, he's a lousy athlete and a miserable fit in our defense.  And I'd argue the odds are stacked against Love.  But you don't pass on a franchise QB for a "safer" pick.  How many teams passed on a safer pick instead of Rodgers?

I think we do have a lot of holes. The way the off-season (free agency) went, we needed to have a solid draft with WR and ILB help to fill the two biggest holes on the team. I get that you go BPA but boy we have to hit it out of the park for the rest of the draft to really have a chance to compete against the likes of SF this year. I think we got lucky because Seattle was severely banged up through the 2nd half of last year.

If the Packers are indeed thinking of the future and feel like they cannot compete any time soon or keep up with the likes of the NFC power-houses for the next couple of years, it will be prudent to move on from Rodgers and maybe trade him for some way to re-stock the cupboard.

Edited by fistfullofbeer

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

How do you make this argument and then make 30 years of HOF play argument??????

Aren't you sick of the mindless 3rd down sacks and throw aways???

Brett threw possibly the dumbest pass I've ever seen to end the 2007 season. I haven't witnessed such a decline in Rodgers' play, despite your multiple question marks.

So, no.

• Like 1

Just now, rthom348 said:

I sincerely hope you're just trying to have a hot take. I smell Skip Bayless ALL over you

In those 3 games?

In the games where he broke the record for overthrows in an NFL game and committed 3 turnovers and scored 0 points in 14 first half drives?

Nah, I'll take my other 25 in those disastrous games.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

That’s fine... draft night is a happy fun time for all teams and their fans. Hopefully he works out. Just like I hope Love is the next Rodgers.

Im just saying everyone saying Love is a terrible pick I see raiders and eagles making questionable picks.

I like the Reagor pick better than

Herbert at 6
Ruggs at 12
Terrell at 16
Austin Jackson at 18
Arnette at 19 (Oh god)
Jefferson at 22
Murray at 23
Aiyuk at 25
Love at 26
Brooks at 27
Queen at 28
Wilson at 29
Igasas;absasfasg at 30
Edwards-Helaire at 32

He's in the mix with the like of 
Andrew Thomas at 4
Henderson at 9
Wirfs at 13
Kinlaw at 14
Chaisson at 20
Ruiz at 24
Gladney at 31 

For me, the others I'd have above him in terms of value for position taken. Overall I'd give the pick an average grade.