1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

. I have a hard time seeing Burrow not hit that Brees level where he's just so damn poised and accurate that even though he can't throw a ball through a brick wall, he'll still beat you by throwing balls you can't defend. 

This is a damn good summary of how I think he will be too. 

Gonna be a lot of eyes on Love come preseason with a lot of Packers fans watching all 4Q.  Sadly, we’re not likely to see him get any reps until 2021 considering there prolly won’t be a preseason this fall.  

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Eleven Qb's taken the last 3 years. Where would you rate Love as a prospect ??

Burrow

Tua

Herbert

Murray 

Jones

Haskins

Lock

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Jackson

Burrow

Murray

Darnold

Tua

Allen

Love

Mayfield

Haskins

Lock

Jackson

Herbert

Jones

That's how I had them. Obvious miss on Jackson. Was really high on Darnold. Might have been right to doubt Mayfield, we'll see. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How can you have that large of a gap between Allen and Love when they are very similar prospects? 

Took me a minute to get there, but they are kinda similar if you think about it. Big difference being Love is a much smoother passer where as Allen is very abrupt.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Took me a minute to get there, but they are kinda similar if you think about it. Big difference being Love is a much smoother passer where as Allen is very abrupt.

Yeah when you get down to the details, which is where you separate guys with similar grades. I'm just looking at the broad picture. Prototype frame, elite level arm, mobility, mentally raw, decision question marks, small school, better production the year prior to coming out, solid Senior Bowl week. My grades we're pretty much identical. Think Allen has a bigger, yet less accurate arm. I had Allen as QB2 that year. I'm a sucker for the projection-based prototype. 

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How can you have that large of a gap between Allen and Love when they are very similar prospects? 

Love's a much more accurate thrower than Allen in my opinion.  Whenever I watched Allen my read was always "this guy doesn't have a plan" which is not something I got from Love.  Other than "having a big arm" (though Allen's is much bigger) and "playing in the MWC" I didn't see much in common.

4 hours ago, cannondale said:

Eleven Qb's taken the last 3 years. Where would you rate Love as a prospect ??

Burrow

Tua

Herbert

Murray 

Jones

Haskins

Lock

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Jackson

Burrow
(Tier)
Tua/Sam Darnold
(Tier)
Herbert
(Tier)
Baker Mayfield/Kyler Murray/Dwayne Haskins
(Tier)
Drew Lock/Daniel Jones/Jordan Love/Josh Allen
(Tier)
Lamar Jackson

Or at least that's how I graded them.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Player A: 361 completions, 643 attempts, 56.1% completion %, 5015 passing yards, 7.8 YPA, 44 passing TD, 6.8 TD%, 21 INTs, 3.3 INT%, 16-11 record (25 games)
Player B: 560 attempts, 890 attempts, 62.9% completion %, 6969 passing yards, 8.4 YPA, 52 passing TD, 6.4 TD%, 23 INTs, 2.8 INT%, 18-8 record (26 games)

Player is Josh Allen.  Player B is Jordan Love.  Both of them the last year.  Even after watching the two of them, I'm not even sure I see the similarities other than they're both athletic QBs from non-P5 teams.  Josh Allen is a terribly inaccurate QB, which is evidence by his sub-60% completion percentage.  Allen was drafted almost purely on his physical tools.  You take that pure arm strength away from Josh Allen, and he's an UDFA.  He was a mediocre prospect.