1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Hes gonna be a 2-3 year backup QB. 4 if Rodgers is still worth the money. It’s okay to have a 1st round QB sit for 2-4 years as long as you are getting value from Rodgers in the meantime. 

He’s not worth the money now 

24 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

I'm a Vikings fan and I love this pick, guys.

Thanks.

You should love it. The Vikings downgraded from Stefon Diggs, a proven pro, for a hopeful rookie. We invested to another decade of great QB play.

Edited by Dubz41
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Hes gonna be a 2-3 year backup QB. 4 if Rodgers is still worth the money. It’s okay to have a 1st round QB sit for 2-4 years as long as you are getting value from Rodgers in the meantime. 

There is NO question that when Green Bay thinks Jordan Love is ready to play, Aaron Rodgers will be traded. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, that ALWAYS matters. Come on, I'm guessing you don't know anything about Jordan Love. Pat Mahomes wasn't even considered a 1st round talent when the process started. Then he started rocketing up draft boards. This is just a bad take. 

The only take, is the Packers take this position serious and want a succession plan in place and they have one. Will it work out like Rodgers did? Hard to tell and a big fricking ask, but don't act like this kid is trash. 

Cope a little harder. I've hated Jordan Love all season long. I'm not gonna change my mind because my team took him

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Or, they realize QBs are a premium and he's a 36 year old and can groom his successor like they did with Rodgers.

Or that our season is over if Rodgers gets hurt as we have no backup.

I'm a lot more comfortable with Love behind Rodgers than Boyle...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Love was a guy we were talking about a potential #1 pick a year ago.

Big ****en deal.  And you are full off ****.  Show me ONE PERSON who had him going above Tua.  Don't fabricate stuff.

Conner Cook was talked about being potentially the #1 pick his Junior year.  Malachi Dupre was talked about being a first round pick after his sophomore year.  Love had a piss poor year in a horrid conference.  It's like we just spent a first round pick on Deshone Kizer.  Big Arm,  athletic but we've got to virtually ignore this entire last year in college because he's got a baseball between his ears.  

Edited by SSG
  • Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Love is a premium athlete at QB and has a premium arm, but he's not without flaws just like Rodgers. This pick is going to speak a lot about our HC. What Love develops into is going to say a lot about who Matt LaFleur is as a HC. 

It already has spoken a lot about our coach. He was over the moon with excitement after he called Love to tell him. That speaks volumes about where he's at in the whole process. 

I literally laughed out loud at the person who deliberately called me out for calling out Rodgers as 5th down.

Like yeah, now is the time to call me out for complaining about Rodgers for the past three years and calling him out for being a stubborn ***** who does only what he wants and doesn't want to hurt his TD/INT ratio. 

The Packers have essentially given Norm, AG, IM and I a vote of confidence for saying Rodgers has been regressing since 2014 and people just don't want to accept it. 

We don't trade up to take a QB if Rodgers was the QB the majority of people on this board thought he was.

Now that we did it, hopefully people will start to see we weren't crazy. 

• Like 1

Just now, SSG said:

Big ****en deal.

Conner Cook was talked about being potentially the #1 pick his sophomore year.  Malachi Dupre was talked about being a first round pick after his sophomore year.  Love had a piss poor year in a horrid conference.  It's like we just spent a first round pick on Deshone Kizer.  Big Arm,  athletic but we've got to virtually ignore this entire last year in college because he's got a baseball between his ears.  

Apples and orange comparison here.