1.26 - Jordan Love [QB; Utah State] - QB1

CWood21

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It really seems like people who still don’t like the fact we took a QB in the first round are just looking for reasons not to like Jordan Love.  

Not looking for reasons to like or dislike Jordan Love.  I hope he becomes a Pro Bowler in time, but you gotta score points, not just style points.   

25 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

If you look at the circumstances Jordan love has to play with 2nd/3rd team vs Bills 1st team.

Its not fair to judge his performance at this point of time. 

Its fair to judge his decision making at the very least or his accuracy. Like that interception or that pass in the endzone that was almost picked off if it wasn't tipped. 

8 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Not looking for reasons to like or dislike Jordan Love.  I hope he becomes a Pro Bowler in time, but you gotta score points, not just style points.   

Why do you think that’s a good metric to use in pre-season? When you factor in everything ( like him playing with mostly fringe roster players ) the end results aren’t the most important things. 

8 hours ago, Jaire_Island said:

If you look at the circumstances Jordan love has to play with 2nd/3rd team vs Bills 1st team.

Its not fair to judge his performance at this point of time. 

It is and it isn’t. It is in that we’ve now seen something from him both good and bad; we at least know where he stands at the moment. It isn’t in that much of his preseason was against 2nd and 3rd string players as you pointed out.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

It is and it isn’t. It is in that we’ve now seen something from him both good and bad; we at least know where he stands at the moment. It isn’t in that much of his preseason was against 2nd and 3rd string players as you pointed out.

Sorry, that is inaccurate. Buffalo had their starters in the game the entire time Jordan Love was playing. Also, other than possibly three interior linemen, Love had back ups and 3rd stringers. He still moved the ball up and down the field. A blown tackle and missed field goal or he put up 10 to Buffalo's 14 in the first half. 

The original post was trying to compare him to Brett Hundley which is just awful and so dishonest when Hundley was in fact, playing mop up against scrubs. 

There were some stupid decisions by Love, but the fact that he was able to move the team up and down the field with the Packers #5, #6 and #7 receiver, and a #3 and #4 TE was at least somewhat impressive.  He was facing the Bills starters for basically the entire time he was in there.  Love is going to be fine .. gonna be a good starter in this league.

49 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sorry, that is inaccurate. Buffalo had their starters in the game the entire time Jordan Love was playing. Also, other than possibly three interior linemen, Love had back ups and 3rd stringers. He still moved the ball up and down the field. A blown tackle and missed field goal or he put up 10 to Buffalo's 14 in the first half. 

The original post was trying to compare him to Brett Hundley which is just awful and so dishonest when Hundley was in fact, playing mop up against scrubs. 

Actually that's inaccurate. Buffalo started pulling starters in the 2nd quarter. I should've worded that better, my bad.

I've been an outspoken critic on the whole Love situation, but nobody can argue that he's Hundley. Hundley would often be completely lost much like Kizer, but even as one of Love's biggest critics I certainly can contend that he at least has a clue as to what is happening around him(at worst). I still contend that his accuracy, which was still an issue, and his decision-making skills(the hero-ball stuff we've discussed before) are still highly problematic. I also rest on what I said before in that we as fans can at least have some sort of clue as to where he is in his development, which allows us to criticize and commend but only to a point. I think someone posted this in another thread, but someone in the media has floated out that Love might get playing time this season in blowouts and easy match-ups. If he can get quality snaps in regular season games in which he's consistently playing quality opponents, we can then continue the discussion further from what we've seen on the surface in these preseason games.