Day 2 Draft Discussion

Ragnarok

1 hour ago, Blue said:

And a DeSean Jackson, and a Tyler Lockett, and a Stefon Diggs, and a Jamison Crowder, and...

Duvernay and Hamler both have bigger hands than Tee Higgins, Justin Jefferson, Ceedee Lamb, and Michael Pittman. There's more evidence that matters for catching the ball than height or weight.

Yes.  Continue to name the exceptions to try and prove a point.  I'm more alarmed by the 17% drop rate.  That's awful.  He's 5'9", 178 pounds with a high drop rate.  But because he probably runs a sub-4.4 forty, you want him. Illogical.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Who do you like for Baltimore in R2? 

Would have to think some combination of WR, IOL, and DL/Pass Rusher are going to be the primary targets with those 2 second round picks.

Personally would like one of either Cushenberry or Robert Hunt to fortify that interior, and maybe a Josh Uche if he were to fall to add some pass rush juice.

A lot of the Ravens forum is opining for a WR. Depends on who's there for me, but obviously would jump on a Pittman Jr.

Knowing the Ravens? I'm thinking Jordan Elliott or Marlon Davidson might be the pick if they're there at 55. They love their Dlinemen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Would have to think some combination of WR, IOL, and DL/Pass Rusher are going to be the primary targets with those 2 second round picks.

Personally would like one of either Cushenberry or Robert Hunt to fortify that interior, and maybe a Josh Uche if he were to fall to add some pass rush juice.

A lot of the Ravens forum is opining for a WR. Depends on who's there for me, but obviously would jump on a Pittman Jr.

Knowing the Ravens? I'm thinking Jordan Elliott or Marlon Davidson might be the pick if they're there at 55. They love their Dlinemen. 

Do you they need two interior offensive linemen this draft?

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yes.  Continue to name the exceptions to try and prove a point.  I'm more alarmed by the 17% drop rate.  That's awful.  He's 5'9", 178 pounds with a high drop rate.  But because he probably runs a sub-4.4 forty, you want him. Illogical.

The point is that there's plenty of smaller receivers who are good NFL players, and there's no real evidence height/weight has any influence on a player's ability to catch. Feel free to provide evidence otherwise.

What exactly is illogical about wanting a guy who scores touchdowns (13% of his college catches went for a TD) and helps dictate coverage by stretching the field? Nobody is claiming he's a No. 1 receiver or anything.

Just now, Blue said:

The point is that there's plenty of smaller receivers who are good NFL players, and there's no real evidence height/weight has any influence on a player's ability to catch. Feel free to provide evidence otherwise.

What exactly is illogical about wanting a guy who scores touchdowns (13% of his college catches went for a TD) and helps dictate coverage by stretching the field? Nobody is claiming he's a No. 1 receiver or anything.

Exactly my point.  However, when you look at the list of WRs who are the small, fast WRs, how many of them are WRs who can catch and how many of them are athletes with stone hands?  The list of the latter far outweighs the former.  Midget WRs with poor catch rates is the epitome of a bad pick.

We already have a vertical threat in MVS.  One with his own fair share of catch issues.  But because his reception to TD ratio is high, it must be good.  It's terrible logic.

14 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Do you they need two interior offensive linemen this draft?

From a starting standpoint, not necessarily. Although, our starting center (Skura) for most of last year tore his MCL/PCL/ACL in week 12 last year, so that position (along with RG, obviously) is very much up in the air despite Patrick Mekari filling in nicely last year.

It's interesting though, because outside of our two stud starters at T, there's absolutely nothing on the roster of note there whatsoever. So I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they take 2 interior guys relatively early these next two days, with one having experience at tackle (i.e. a Robert Hunt) in the instance that Stanley or Brown go down.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't think it will happen but that is very good value. Would have thought it would be closer to +1500

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Not Nuts, but I didn't jump on it. Did jump on Chinn and Winfield though.

This little tidbit sold me: Miami’s current DB coach was Davis’ DB coach at Cal. If they’re in the market for a free safety and no safety has been taken yet. It could very well happen. I like those odds.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Exactly my point.  However, when you look at the list of WRs who are the small, fast WRs, how many of them are WRs who can catch and how many of them are athletes with stone hands?  The list of the latter far outweighs the former.  Midget WRs with poor catch rates is the epitome of a bad pick.

We already have a vertical threat in MVS.  One with his own fair share of catch issues.  But because his reception to TD ratio is high, it must be good.  It's terrible logic.

I mean, how many receivers in general are busts? There are plenty of big guys who can't catch, too. Will Fuller got knocked for drops in college and he's been a fine player when healthy (and health is absolutely a concern with Hamler).

lolwut. MVS has a sub-50% catch rate and a 6% TD rate, lol. He's also half a foot taller than Hamler. They're not comparable at all apart from being fast.

Edited by Blue