2020 Day 2 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Absolutely. He looks like a damn nice player that will be worth a 2nd round pick 4 years from now. About as "safe" as a pick as you could ask for who will contribute immediately and be an aging QBs best friend.

I'm with u. Truly. Like Dillon a lot. Did not see this coming tho. In this 3rd I'm stoked here. Don't really see how he plays year one with Jones and Williams

4 years from now he's on his last year and were talking about replacing him with another 2nd rounder then?
I just don't understand it. Been wrong plenty before. Hope im wrong again. Just don't understand it. 

If anyone is looking at sparq rankings for some potential players upcoming

DPJ was WR #1

Joe Reed WR #8

Dalton Keene TE #1

Adam Trautman TE #3

Matt Hennessy OC #2 (#12 OL overall)

Hakeem Adeniji OT #4 (#5 OL overall)

Jon Molchon OG #1 (#7 OL overall)

Danny Pinter OG #2 ((#10 OL overall)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

I'm with u. Truly. Like Dillon a lot. Did not see this coming tho. In this 3rd I'm stoked here. Don't really see how he plays year one with Jones and Williams

4 years from now he's on his last year and were talking about replacing him with another 2nd rounder then?
I just don't understand it. Been wrong plenty before. Hope im wrong again. Just don't understand it. 

I view this as an Eddie Lacy type pick.  I hated the Eddie Lacy pick, but for two years while healthy, he was effective and helped the offense.

Hopefully  Dillon's ankles don't give out.

Man I hate to say it, but this is the probably the least excited I've ever been about our top 2 picks in all the years I've been following the draft, and I've been following it since 2006. The FO must be confident in EQ, MVS, Lazard, and Funchess. I am hopeful that EQ can turn into something and hopefully MVS continues getting the offense down. I really felt like we could use a shifty, speedy WR, like we used to have with Cobb. Hopefully we still grab one, but we still have big needs at OT, DT, ILB, and probably corner. Tomorrow will be interesting.

• Like 2

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I view this as an Eddie Lacy type pick.  I hated the Eddie Lacy pick, but for two years while healthy, he was effective and helped the offense.

Hopefully  Dillon's ankles don't give out.

Cool. Fair enough then.

Is Lacy worth a second rounder in hindsight tho? Thats it for me.
Dillon could be Derek Henry for 2021 and 2022 and ill happily be pied. Until then I'm just not stoked about this.

Seems like the first two drafts gute made the board his own. and the results speak. 
Year three seems like gute is just one of those guys trying to make the board his... if that makes any sense. 

im an idiot. i can't compare my knowledge to someone whose job depends on it. But im researched enough to not like the Dillon pick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If anyone is looking at sparq rankings for some potential players upcoming

DPJ was WR #1

Joe Reed WR #8

Dalton Keene TE #1

Adam Trautman TE #3

Matt Hennessy OC #2 (#12 OL overall)

Hakeem Adeniji OT #4 (#5 OL overall)

Jon Molchon OG #1 (#7 OL overall)

Danny Pinter OG #2 ((#10 OL overall)

DPJ was WR #1