2.62 - AJ Dillon [RB; Boston College]

CWood21

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How am I acting like that? How do you get that from that little bit? I literally just said it wasn't worth a discussion because the perception of value is subjective. That's all. I think he was worth the pick. Considering the hit/miss rate on draft picks, the fact that we got 2 really good years out of him and he made a positive impact on the field, means we got value out of the pick. 

All the "casuals" talk. Also probably wine.

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

AJ Dillon wanted to make this clear about his 845 college carries: "I would echo this to everybody across the Packers Nation: I’m good to go, healthy as can be. I had a lot of carries, but that just shows I can handle the workload, I can be the workhorse."

I think he'll be fine, If we are going by running back by committee he's not gonna be getting all the carries.

Right, Brett also said he could probably come back last year.

Again, I like AJ Dillon the player. The GM says he "fell" to us so we were obviously high on him. I disagree with the value. That's going to happen, I hope he has a couple 1000 yard seasons for us.

Edited by HighCalebR

🙅

3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Right, Brett also said he could probably come back last year.

Again, I like AJ Dillon the player. The GM says he "fell" to us so we were obviously high on him. I disagree with the value. That's going to happen, I hope he has a couple 1000 yard seasons for us.

I mean you're talking about Favrey joking he could play at 50, and another guy confidently telling everyone he can handle the workload after he was drafted. Iol

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I mean you're talking about Favrey joking he could play at 50, and another guy confidently telling everyone he can handle the workload after he was drafted. Iol

My point was, what is Dillon supposed to say? "Yeah man, I've got like a couple years left in me".

This isn't even me saying I don't think he'll be good, but I hope he is!

This is me saying, even when he's good, was it worth it?

28 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

To be clear I don't think he's finesse either. If he thinks he can avoid contact he will but if it's coming he'll get dirty.

I hope you're right. I really do. But what I saw was a guy trying to bounce things outside off tackle way more than he should. Lacy started trying to do the same thing after a couple concussions. I see more finesse than Marshawn Lynch in him. But let's hope I'm wrong.

Edited by DWhitehurst

👕
3 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

My point was, what is Dillon supposed to say? "Yeah man, I've got like a couple years left in me".

This isn't even me saying I don't think he'll be good, but I hope he is!

This is me saying, even when he's good, was it worth it?

You could probably say that about all draft picks, we don't know if they're going to be worth it or not.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It is absolutely subjective. That's why I don't think the value was there, you're acting like anyone who disagrees with that notion is a dumbass

We can actually measure it objectively using PFR's career value of Lacy relative to the average at his draft slot.

I suspect he outperforms it significantly.

RB12 - A.J. Dillon

Got some buzz (and Derrick Henry comparisons) for running 4.53 at 247lbs at the Combine, but his yards created profile is extremely lacking. Even though Dillon ran fast over a long distance, he has slow build up speed and just routinely earned yards that were blocked. Boston College’s offensive line helped generate most of Dillon’s yards as he saw a class-best 1.90 yards blocked per play. Dillon’s 0.25 missed tackles forced per carry ranks last in the class.

Bottom line: Dillon was a monster producer in college -- he went over 1,000 yards and scored 10+ TDs on the ground all three years -- but tape study revealed an inconsistent ability to create on his own. Dillon ran into his own blockers far too often and he has the worst lateral agility in the class. 80% of Dillon’s missed tackles were from either power or speed. Dillon was also the least-involved receiver in the class, earning just under 1.5 passing targets per game.

From Graham Barfield. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

We can actually measure it objectively using PFR's career value of Lacy relative to the average at his draft slot.

I suspect he outperforms it significantly.

I suspect you've already investigated and have the facts at the ready, if you will.

So, is two years of production significant value at the draft slot?