2020 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

Just now, sshle_ said:

Do you believe Funchess will be a steady no 2? With the way the draft shaped out, I would have given up a third and jumped the Cowboys to draft Lamb. 

A 3rd wasn't moving us up 14 spots. We would've had to have given up our 2021 1st. 

I think Funchess is fine. I'm also a ESB guy. He's basically like drafting a WR this year. Yet, he's already got 2 years in the locker room.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Funchess is a big slot guy who played with a ****ty QB. But, because he doesn't fit what you wanted, it's an issue. ESB had a sprained ankle 6 months ago. 

Whatever. I'm not having this argument. Anything I say, you'll deflect and move the goalposts.

Funchess's career 51.9% catch rate is what concerns me. He fights the ball. Sure, he has some athleticism for his size. But there is a reason why he's on his 3rd team at age 25.

ESB could be a surprise. I give you that.

Edited by Howler

2 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

Do you believe Funchess will be a steady no 2? With the way the draft shaped out, I would have given up a third and jumped the Cowboys to draft Lamb. 

He's not a "proven" No. 2 but does he have that ability, I'd say yes. 

If I told you our No. 2 WR would have 63 receptions, 840 yards and 8 TDs, would you accept that? (You should)

That was Funchess's best season just two years ago with Carolina and that was with Cam Newton and without a guy like Adams alongside of him drawing coverage. 

3 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Ok. So if we are behind in a game and in the 4th quarter, with them giving safety help on Adams, who does Rodgers really go to? You are acting like we have real #2 options behind Adams. Everyone on this roster is a big question mark for a #2 WR. Our TE position is still a question mark.

Who does Rodger's throw to? I am not being facetious. That was my big concern going into last year. This season, we are the exact same spot.

And who in this draft immediately resolves those issues? You're being naive if you think someone like Tee Higgins or Denzel Mims is going to come in on day one and have an impact.

15 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I love the Packers.  I've given far too much time, interest and love to them for decades.

I hate everything Gute and MLF have done this off-season.  I want them gone right now. 

This reminds me of the Forrest Gregg approach.  But at least that was a crap team.

This take cracks me up..

Gute and MLF took a hapless 6-9-1 Packers team created by TT and MM and in their first year together took it to a first round bye and the NFC title game.

That was with a rookie head coach in the first year of his new system.

They aren't going anywhere and have earned a bit of trust to see what they do in year 2 together.

Draft weekend makes Packer fans a bit crazy.

Just now, beekay414 said:

And who in this draft immediately resolves those issues? You're being naive if you think someone like Tee Higgins or Denzel Mims is going to come in on day one and have an impact.

I agree. I think some prodigy like Jefferson was the only one that fit here.