2020 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

6 minutes ago, sshle_ said:

Do you believe Funchess will be a steady no 2? With the way the draft shaped out, I would have given up a third and jumped the Cowboys to draft Lamb. 

lmfao if that's all it cost I'm sure Gute would have too. In fact, there isn't a team in this league that wouldn't move from 30 to 16 for just a 3rd. 

• Like 1

I'll say this. There wasn't a WR in this draft after Round 2 that I would have said "this guy will have a better year statistically for us over Devin Funchess." If you want to argue that we should have taken a WR in the 1st over Love or that we should have moved up in the 2nd (because there were no top WRs left at 62), then fine. But taking one in the 3rd or later was not going to move the needle. 

• Like 3

Just now, packfanfb said:

I'll say this. There wasn't a WR in this draft after Round 2 that I would have said "this guy will have a better year statistically for us over Devin Funchess." If you want to argue that we should have taken a WR in the 1st over Love or that we should have moved up in the 2nd (because there were no top WRs left at 62), then fine. But taking one in the 3rd or later was not going to move the needle. 

There wasn't a WR in this draft period that I would have said "this guy will have a better year for us than Devin Funchess"

Just now, Norm said:

I'm guessing this is after he took a sack when everyone but Adams was wide open

Lol.  I know the play, but I can’t remember when it was or who, but I know it was right after a play where Randall Cobb was wide open.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

There wasn't a WR in this draft period that I would have said "this guy will have a better year for us than Devin Funchess"

I would have put the top guys in that category (Reagor, Aiyuk, Jefferson -- who all were gone by 25). That's about it. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

And who in this draft immediately resolves those issues? You're being naive if you think someone like Tee Higgins or Denzel Mims is going to come in on day one and have an impact.

Potentially picking up a WR in the 1st round or 2nd round. Or even making a move in FA. I could not care less where we got the player who could help. I don't think this roster looks any better than what it did last year. And I feel like we over-achieved last year.

I guess we will find out in time.

• Like 1