2020 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

7 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Potentially picking up a WR in the 1st round or 2nd round. Or even making a move in FA. I could not care less where we got the player who could help. I don't think this roster looks any better than what it did last year. And I feel like we over-achieved last year.

I guess we will find out in time.

I think that's generous.

The draft hasn't really helped us win games in 2020 and we have downgraded badly at RT.  Funchess is something but there's a lot of key players like Adams, Bakh, Rodgers , Linsley, Tramon (if he signs) who are a year older and could regress.  We probably need some of the younger guys that haven't made an impact yet like MVS, EQ or Jackson to make a jump or realistically the roster looks a fair bit weaker than last year. 

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You guys love to resort to this as an insult when someone is reasonable and level headed here lol. We DID address WR. We just didn't do what YOU wanted. That's the problem. 

How the heck is this an insult. I am trying to have a meaningful discussion with you. You really think that Funchess is going to be a #2 and step in. I do not. His season best in yards is 840 and that is almost 300 more than his 2nd best season. That is not the kind of inconsistency I was hoping for in FA.

And when you say, we didn't do what I wanted? You have zero idea about what I want based on your response here. I think Funchess was a fair add but I do not think he steps in as a #2. Maybe a #3 or #4. We needed a higher quality WR to complement Adams. You appear to be mighty defensive about any one disagreeing with your opinion(s).

Edited by fistfullofbeer

More than anything, though, Scott feels he has shown versatility playing four years under coach Gary Patterson.

He played weak safety mostly at TCU, but also has experience playing cornerback and other safety spots. Additionally, Scott has played special teams on the coverage units.

“My film shows I’m very versatile,” Scott said. “I feel I can do a lot of things.”

At the end of the day, he feels his coverage skills stand out the most, describing them as “top-notch.”

“We played a lot of man coverage and I feel I’m one of the best cover safeties in college football,” Scott said. “Playing weak safety at TCU is one of the hardest and most challenging positions. You have to make a lot of calls and you have to be a good athlete. We go down in the box in certain coverages. It’s challenging, but also very rewarding because you can make a lot of plays.”

You have to be a good man player in Coach P’s defense,” Scott said. “And you learn a bunch of football with Coach P. The 4-2-5 defense is very complex and we have to communicate a lot. The safeties are the quarterbacks of the defense.”

Scott is currently 6-foot-2, 209 pounds and is getting interest from NFL teams. He had a top 30 visit with the Green Bay Packers scheduled before the pandemic canceled that trip.

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

How the heck is this an insult. I am trying to have a meaningful discussion with you. You really think that Funchess is going to be a #2 and step in. I do not. His season best in yards is 840 and that is almost 300 more than his 2nd best season. That is not the kind of inconsistency I was hoping for in FA.

And when you say, we didn't know what you wanted? You have zero idea about what I want based on your response here. I think Funchess was a fair add but I do not think he steps in as a #2. Maybe a #3 or #4. We needed a higher quality WR to complement Adams. You appear to be mighty defensive about any one disagreeing with your opinion(s).

And when I asked who we could've gotten, you answered with a generic response (1st/2nd Round WR, FA). Devin Funchess is 25 years old and put up a 63/840/8 line as the #1 WR for Cam Newton as a 23 year old. What do you expect out of your #2 WR?