2020 Day 3 NFL Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I am going to do one once someone uploads updated rosters. I can't wait to see what the Vikings will give me for Rodgers

Reading online looks like there's been dudes updating all throughout the draft already, which is insane to me.

1 minute ago, Norm said:
4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I am going to do one once someone uploads updated rosters. I can't wait to see what the Vikings will give me for Rodgers

Reading online looks like there's been dudes updating all throughout the draft already, which is insane to me.

QB: Aaron Rodgers | Jordan Love | Tim Boyle | Manny Wilkins (4)

RB: Aaron Jones | A.J. Dillon | Jamaal Williams | Tyler Ervin | Dexter Williams | Damarea Crockett | Elijah Wellman (7)

WR: Davante Adams | Devin Funchess | Allen Lazard | Equanimeous St. Brown | Marquez Valdes-Scantling | Jake Kumerow | Darrius Shepherd | Reggie Begelton | Malik Taylor (9)

TE: Jace Sternberger | Marcedes Lewis | Josiah Deguara | Robert Tonyan | Evan Baylis | James Looney (6)

OT: David Bakhtiari | Ricky Wagner | Yosh Nijman | Alex Light | John Leglue | Cody Conway (6)

IOL: Elgton Jenkins | Corey Linsley | Billy Turner | Lucas Patrick | Lane Taylor | Jon Runyan Jr. | Jake Hanson | Simon Stepaniak | Cole Madison (9)

DL: Kenny Clark | Kingsley Keke | Dean Lowry | Tyler Lancaster | Montravius Adams | Gerald Willis (6)

EDGE: Za’Darius Smith | Preston Smith | Rashan Gary | Tim Williams | Jonathan Garvin | Randy Ramsey | Greg Roberts | Jamal Davis (7)

ILB: Christian Kirksey | Kamal Martin | Curtis Bolton | Oren Burks | Ty Summers (5)

CB: Jaire Alexander | Kevin King | Chandon Sullivan | Josh Jackson | Ka’dar Hollman | DaShaun Amos | Kabion Ento (7)

S: Adrian Amos | Darnell Savage | Raven Greene | Will Redmond | Vernon Scott (5)

ST: Mason Crosby | JK Scott | Hunter Bradley (3)

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

That's it. Gute is a tool. >:(

How can you look at our WR group and say "yep, this is good enough".

What a joke. Aaron could barely function with that group of players.

Not only that we made absolutely no attempt to address our run defence deficiencies nor sort out our coverage issues in the middle.

On a positive, after all the bickering, nice to have all the community come together and be in pretty much agreement about how well the draft went. Regardless of your opinions on what our priorities were coming into the draft or your opinions on Rodgers and so on, its fair to say this probably hasn't met your needs.  I think this was a draft that had a bit of nothing for everyone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chili said:

Not only that we made absolutely no attempt to address our run defence deficiencies nor sort out our coverage issues in the middle.

If only he had googled WR's college stats he would have found some for us

Just now, beekay414 said:

So, you wanted to invest a high pick in someone that might be as good as someone we already have on the roster? As per what @incognito_man has already said, none of those guys come in day one and have the same impact Funchess has. 

I'm fine wanting to draft a WR but I'm not fine with disregarding that we've put effort into addressing the position (lost out on Sanders, signed Funchess). That's what I was getting at. We didn't sign or draft who YOU wanted so you took it as disregarding a need, when that's the furthest thing from the truth.

Please do not make assumptions.

I realize we were in on Sanders. Maybe Robbie Anderson too. But that 'effort' means for naught. Funchess is not going to be as good as either of those two. At the end of the day the team is not as good as it could have been had we added a true #2 WR.

I will be thrilled if Funchess plays like a WR2 and even if he can get close to 600 yards I will call that signing a success. But we are not talking about a player who was consistently having 600+ yard seasons and then got injured. He had exactly once season over 550 yards and that was his personal best. And now he is coming from an injury.

To me, the chance of Funchess hitting 600 yards this season is not any better than any of the other names I mentioned. Funchess nor any of the names I listed are guaranteed to hit that mark. If we had a #2 WR already and we signed him, I would thrilled about the competition for the other kids. Right now, he is just a warm body at WR with exactly one good season.

One more positive is that we should be an attractive place for UDFAs to come. Given that we basically ignored all our needs there is definitely room for them to make the team so we should be a good team to sign for.  DL, WR , CB who are undrafted should be queueing up (whilst applying social distancing) to sign for us.  

8 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Well the management has definitely moved on from Rodgers. Drafting Love in the 1st definitely makes more sense to me. Just don't understand why they gave him the contract they did though. Very confused on that.

2016 and 2017 (while healthy) Rodgers was still trending in the right direction. Made sense to do that.

But obviously since then there has been noticeable slippage. Also, their backup plan was completely non-existent then.

5 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Please do not make assumptions.

You leave me no choice. I flat out asked who you would take, both draft and free agency, you came back with draft picks, no free agents. I also asked what you expect out of your #2 but you didn't answer that either.

You do know that 7 rookie WRs topped 600 yards last year, right? 

Edited by beekay414

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

Definitely go into next offseason with an open mind. narrowing your draft down to, we have to get one of these 5 players, rarely goes in your favor.

We'll win 10 games this year. Bet