The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

1. Carr escapes pressure by checking down or throwing it away. He but he hardly ever makes plays when pressure comes. He's least sacked due to the elite O-Line or the constant checkdowns/quick passes. He generally folds in the pocket when pressured. 

2. How many times did we settle for FGs and not TDs?

3. So Carr as the QB had nothing to do wins and losses? So you're saying the 2016 season 12-4 Carr had nothing to do with that either?  This is beyond me. Of course it is a TEAM game but to say that Carr had nothing to do with the losses is wrong. QBs and coaches have the biggest effect on winning and losing that's why the NFL attributes wins and losses to coaches, GMs and QBs. Carr is highly responsible for the dubious records. To say QBs don't have a hand in winning and losing is being blind faithful. 

4. Mariota makes plays with his feet. The short passing I'm sure he can replicate too

If you’re suggesting mariota is actually a better qb than Carr as it stands, know that even the coaching staff don’t believe that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don't know...I've seen some teams not win a game during the entire season recently

That's why I said among the worst, right up there with the 0-16 Lions and the B&B offense teams. We started off 0-10 if I recall correctly. 

On 5/10/2020 at 3:42 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

He actually escapes pressure. He's been one of the least sacked qb's for a reason. He's not elite at it, but he's not some statue back there.

I watched a lot of all 22. When he tried to extend plays, WR were not getting separation. In part because we didn't have a vertical threat and corners were sitting on our routes. Which the GM literally said. I always thought Mayock knew best. Which is why he drafted Ruggs and not a qb. But I could be wrong.

Redzone offense is super finicky. Carr was about league average in the redzone per most metrics. I don't see how that's "not productive".

The bolded have nothing to do with Carr.

But you also think Mariota is our best option so I'm not sure why I'm even trying to have an objective conversation at this point *shrug*.

I thought his quick release was the main reason he doesn’t take a lot of sacks and throw aways 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 2:46 PM, Justwinning said:

Context

His rookie year and 2018, where he had absolutely nothing to work with, accounted for 25 of his losses. The stats are obviously skewed.

W/L is a team record.

What about 2017

we started out 2-0

carr was on fire 5tds-0ints

then the Washington redskins game happened

i invite y’all to watch that game

we had weapons

defense was respectable 

carr throws a pick on his first pass then you see the classic carr “deer in headlights “ look 

I gotta watch week 4 from 2017

but that looked like the end of carr throwing to wrs

his quick throw game got exposed 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What about 2017

we started out 2-0

carr was on fire 5tds-0ints

we had weapons

defense was respectable 

carr throws a pick on his first pass then you see the classic carr “deer in headlights “ look 

I gotta watch week 4 from 2017

but that looked like the end of carr throwing to wrs

his quick throw game got exposed 

LOL Two ridiculously subjective and uneducated misrepresentations.

Have you looked the 2017 roster?  That team was straight garbage. Washed up Lynch, Old trash Crabs who was out of the league 1 year later, Soft Cooper with stone hands, Cook (688 and 2TD's).  Dont get me started on out backups that are mostly unemployed now.  

Then we go to that "respectable" D... Mack, he's a stud and besides that we had zero. Most of those bums we had as our starters are fringe roster players now or out of the league.  Nelson, Edwards, washed up Bowman, James, Amerson, Carrie, Vanderdos, Ellis....   Flat out trash.

Do you even watch football or do you just lack comprehension calling that D respectable?  Get a clue and stop sewing trash nonsense...

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL Two ridiculously subjective and uneducated misrepresentations.

Have you looked the 2017 roster?  That team was straight garbage. Washed up Lynch, Old trash Crabs who was out of the league 1 year later, Soft Cooper with stone hands, Cook (688 and 2TD's).  Dont get me started on out backups that are mostly unemployed now.  

Then we go to that "respectable" D... Mack, he's a stud and besides that we had zero. Most of those bums we had as our starters are fringe roster players now or out of the league.  Nelson, Edwards, washed up Bowman, James, Amerson, Carrie, Vanderdos, Ellis....   Flat out trash.

Do you even watch football or do you just lack comprehension calling that D respectable?  Get a clue and stop sewing trash nonsense...

Lol watch week 1 and 2 like I did first please 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol watch week 1 and 2 like I did first please 

You're basing talent and weapons off of 2 games?  Look at the players careers of those players you're calling talented.  

That is like calling Sammy Watkins a HOF WR based off his week 1 performance this last season (9/198/3).  

Do you have any idea how insane and uneducated your rational is?

38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're basing talent and weapons off of 2 games?  Look at the players careers of those players you're calling talented.  

That is like calling Sammy Watkins a HOF WR based off his week 1 performance this last season (9/198/3).  

Do you have any idea how insane and uneducated your rational is?

Was crabs “old trash” and coop “soft” in week 7 vs kc

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That was a highly political week and I still think something happened in the locker room.  After that week players did not seem to like Carr that much.  You would see him throw a TD and everyone is celebrating until Carr gets there.  I could be wrong and maybe defenses just figured him out or mentally he was broken from the injuries but that game was a turning point.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Was crabs “old trash” and coop “soft” in week 7 vs kc

Carr supporters, Crabs "old trash", Coop "soft".

Also Carr supporters, "Carr looked Elite when he had weapons in 2016 Crabs and Coop".

Smh.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Carr supporters, Crabs "old trash", Coop "soft".

Also Carr supporters, "Carr looked Elite when he had weapons in 2016 Crabs and Coop".

Smh.

Also Carr supporters-

Carr had nothing to do with the teams win/loss record his entire career...except in 2016 which he had a lot to do with it 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Amari Cooper in 2019 - 7th most yards for WR, 8TDs

Jared Cook in 2019 - 8th most yards for a TE, 9Tds

Yup straight trash homie. 

You favorite thing to do is belittle any and all non Carr players. I wonder if Carr has ever played with a good player in his career, acoording to you.

And wasnt Marshawn like the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher over the 2nd half of 2017. He was not a downgrade to what we had the year before in Murray.

The 2017 offense had just as if not more talent then the 2016 offense. Todd Downing gets the majority of the blame for that disaster but that was probably the worst year of Carr's career, with all things considered.

• Like 1