The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

If mcd gets better, I’ll eat that crow all day fwiw. Lol

As will I if he gets better. 

My initial assessment and fears regarding McDaniels still stand, however. A game or two doesn't magically make him competent. 

I laugh about it a lot. We have plenty to base criticisms on, but criticism is called reactionary here by people who want to fete the guy for winning A game lol. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Did they? Because most wanted to dump McDaniel 2 weeks ago because they are impatient and wanted instant results in my view. 

Great to see Carr finding his groove without 2 of his playmakers. And to see the offense coming together. 

Aye a w in November 

plus I get my 3 tds finally 

Im a happy guy

ill even forget about the 2 ints

and out door on the road vs a playoff potential team

yea im good 😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

As will I if he gets better. 

My initial assessment and fears regarding McDaniels still stand, however. A game or two doesn't magically make him competent. 

I laugh about it a lot. We have plenty to base criticisms on, but criticism is called reactionary here by people who want to fete the guy for winning A game lol. 

Be real.... McDaniels could win the Super Bowl and you'd be in here criticizing his clock management and situational play calling before the hoist the Lombardi 😂 

• Like 2

I get being frustrated w/ McDaniels as I have been as well (and probably will be again) but as the players have said, this offense is very complex and unfortunately things take time. As many agreed, not playing starters during the preseason certainly held this team back a bit. How much? Not sure anyone can accurately answer that but it is true. Makes you wonder that had our starters played a combined 2 games during those preseasons, how many of these one-score games would we have won? This is why I hate the "tank for Player X" chants. We need momentum going into the final stretch of the season that we can carry into the following season. The draft is a cluster**** and while one person looks like a sure thing, there's nothing saying they will be. Hell, Aaron Donald was picked 13th.

Don't expect us to make the playoffs this year but if we can end on a high note then address our biggest needs in the off-season, no reason to think we can't make a serious push going into next year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Be real.... McDaniels could win the Super Bowl and you'd be in here criticizing his clock management and situational play calling before the hoist the Lombardi 😂 

I am a McDaniels hater too. But if the Raiders won the Superbowl with him, all would be forgiven.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Naw. I'd give him his props. 

Let's see him actually head coach a team to just a winning season before we go there though. 

The only thing I'll never let him live down is playing Eleumenor over Munford for so long. I don't care if your name is Josh McDaniels, John Madden, or Bill Belichick, that's a crime against humanity. 

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

The only thing I'll never let him live down is playing Eleumenor over Munford for so long. I don't care if your name is Josh McDaniels, John Madden, or Bill Belichick, that's a crime against humanity. 

Munford and Eluemunor are the same level of player. Edge going to Eluemunor being a vet and having a slight edge on the mental part of the game. 

I don't see a marked improvement with Munford in the game. Eluemunor has played well in recent weeks. Filled in well at LT with Miller.

I don't see where you're getting any major benefit forcing Munford in. If anything, get Bars off the field at RG. He's the bigger issues here. 

• Like 2

Back to the Carr situation real quick. Something I been thinking about.

This offseason will be a very important one for not only him(Carr) but also McDaniels. You can give McDaniels a pass for year 1 with Carr with the we wanted to see him in our system and had to give it a shot before moving on. That brings us to this offseason.  If he decides to stick with Carr again at QB then that is him tying himself to Carr as HIS QB. Could very well draft a 3rd or 4th round QB to groom, but he’s making a stance that Carr is his QB.

Here’s the elephant in the room that McDaniels and the Raiders will face is Tom Brady will be available in the offseason if he does decide to continue playing which he probably will. There are connections to him with McDaniels and Ziegler. That cannot be denied. Brady to the Raiders almost happened a couple years ago so for Brady this is already a destination that is attractive even more now cause of the relationships he has with the people in the building. The cap space the Raiders will have if they move on from Carr(Brady is know to take extremely friendly deals) restructure a couple contracts that are already on the team to free up more space and you have an opportunity to build and draft a team that can compete. 

This gives the Raiders the ability to trade Carr to a team that he prefers and let’s say gets a 2nd round pick back. Which they could use on a QB to sit for a year or 2. While still using their original draft picks to help the team next season. 

Gonna be a crazy offseason. We will see where McDaniels decides to lay his head at with this one. Deciding to stick with Carr again for another year and it not work out could be disastrous for him. Moving on with Brady and a young QB behind him could give him more time but also a better shot at winning now. 

52 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Back to the Carr situation real quick. Something I been thinking about.

This offseason will be a very important one for not only him(Carr) but also McDaniels. You can give McDaniels a pass for year 1 with Carr with the we wanted to see him in our system and had to give it a shot before moving on. That brings us to this offseason.  If he decides to stick with Carr again at QB then that is him tying himself to Carr as HIS QB. Could very well draft a 3rd or 4th round QB to groom, but he’s making a stance that Carr is his QB.

Here’s the elephant in the room that McDaniels and the Raiders will face is Tom Brady will be available in the offseason if he does decide to continue playing which he probably will. There are connections to him with McDaniels and Ziegler. That cannot be denied. Brady to the Raiders almost happened a couple years ago so for Brady this is already a destination that is attractive even more now cause of the relationships he has with the people in the building. The cap space the Raiders will have if they move on from Carr(Brady is know to take extremely friendly deals) restructure a couple contracts that are already on the team to free up more space and you have an opportunity to build and draft a team that can compete. 

This gives the Raiders the ability to trade Carr to a team that he prefers and let’s say gets a 2nd round pick back. Which they could use on a QB to sit for a year or 2. While still using their original draft picks to help the team next season. 

Gonna be a crazy offseason. We will see where McDaniels decides to lay his head at with this one. Deciding to stick with Carr again for another year and it not work out could be disastrous for him. Moving on with Brady and a young QB behind him could give him more time but also a better shot at winning now. 

Interesting to think about and definitely a possibility. I would certainly prefer Brady over Jimmy G as a bridge QB if we move on from Carr (which I have been vocally in favor of).

However, it smells like a Chandler Jones situation all over again where we push our chips in for a past his prime vet only for him to be a shell of himself. At some point Tom will either fall off or get injured and I don’t want to be the team holding the bag when that happens. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Interesting to think about and definitely a possibility. I would certainly prefer Brady over Jimmy G as a bridge QB if we move on from Carr (which I have been vocally in favor of).

However, it smells like a Chandler Jones situation all over again where we push our chips in for a past his prime vet only for him to be a shell of himself. At some point Tom will either fall off or get injured and I don’t want to be the team holding the bag when that happens. 

I believe that Mark Davis hiring Josh McDaniels and Ziegler was a packaged plan to lure Brady to the Raiders in the offseason. For what’s it’s worth, Mark wants Brady in silver and black that goes back to The rumors w/Gruden fallout years ago.

There’s definitely risk adding someone with advanced age as Brady but he brings a ton of value to the table with intangibles as the most successful QB in the nfl history. Trading Carr also opens cap room and additional draft capital. 

Definitely an interesting offseason coming up. Carr had a good game Sunday but looking at big picture we’re 4-7 and Carr is gearing up for his 7th year out of 9 out of the playoffs

While attempting close to 100 less passes, Carr has more Tds than Brady, and better YPA. 

ugh, I do not want Brady on the Raiders. If he was still Brady, thats one thing, but he is not.
TB bottom 10 in PPG . . . and top 10 in scoring D . . . they are opposite us. . .and only 1 more win. 

He is not having a good year, and put him on a bottom 10 D, people would be saying its time to hang them up. 

Also, Brady behind this line wouldnt be great either. YES, he would manipulate the pocket, and better understanding of system than Carr, but hed still take a beating. 

If it was just a bridge to mentor a young QB fine, but outside of setting an example, does Brady actually do much mentoring?