The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

40 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

While attempting close to 100 less passes, Carr has more Tds than Brady, and better YPA. 

ugh, I do not want Brady on the Raiders. If he was still Brady, thats one thing, but he is not.
TB bottom 10 in PPG . . . and top 10 in scoring D . . . they are opposite us. . .and only 1 more win. 

He is not having a good year, and put him on a bottom 10 D, people would be saying its time to hang them up. 

Also, Brady behind this line wouldnt be great either. YES, he would manipulate the pocket, and better understanding of system than Carr, but hed still take a beating. 

If it was just a bridge to mentor a young QB fine, but outside of setting an example, does Brady actually do much mentoring? 

Hate to admit it, sort of, not really, but Brady has crested the hill. His physical ability is starting to go down and can't keep up with his mental greatness

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Geezy said:

Wouldn’t say I’ve been a hater, just that I’ve been skeptical and a 2-7 start didn’t help. If he wins, I’m in. Idgaf about being right, I just want to win. 

And majority of those losses were one-score games. Not like we've been blown out every time so I'd be willing to think if our starters had more reps earlier in the year, some of those might be in the other column. Obviously no way or knowing but I think it's somewhat reasonable to suggest. Just hope that all starts to change soon! Like you, I just want to win. We've sat through waaaaaaaaay too many losing season lately.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Could you imagine what this team would look like with Russ and Graham's defense?.... YIKES!!!

Plus no good draft picks for the next few years, virtually no cap space, and having to essentially fire sale whatever assets we had left AFTER trading for him just to hope we could marginally improve. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Plus no good draft picks for the next few years, virtually no cap space, and having to essentially fire sale whatever assets we had left AFTER trading for him just to hope we could marginally improve. 

This team would legit have a 0-17 record THIS SEASON and the 1st overall pick would belong to the Seahawks..... And be stuck with him for another 3 years.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

There was some in here that were crowning the Broncos after that move lol 

25 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

98% of the world thought it was a great move at the time. 

Tis why I don't pay attention to media darling hype. 

Happens all the time. Guy A is supposed to be great because the talking heads say so. 

Considering that Mayock was one of the top talking heads, one would think people would take the hint. 

Happens all the time- a guy can outright stink things up, but if they're supposed to be good, it's all overlooked for a long time. 

Wilson was supposed to be good because they said so. But he's been a liability despite his stats for years by going off script and running around playing hero ball- it just wasn't popular to point out. 

Lawrence was supposed to revolutionize the QB position because they said so. But he's really just been ok- it's just not popular to point out. 

Lamar Jackson is supposed to be a good-great QB because they said so thanks to one aberration year back in 2019. But he's really not a very good QB, as shown by their offense actually looking better with Tyler Huntley- it's just not popular to point out. 

Patrick Mahomes was supposed to rewrite every passing record by year 6 or 7 because they said so. And he's arguably the top QB in the league, but they acted like 5000+ yards and 50 TDs we're going to be the norm to the point that people felt like 4000 yards and 25-30 TDs was "average" which is insane, especially considering he hasn't really gotten close to replicating those numbers himself- it's just not popular to point out.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

I point out when Carr is bad or average and when he kills this team, but I also gonna give props when he is playing good and he has played really well. And doing it with finishing drives with TDs which has always been my gripe with him and he has done it lately. 

• Like 2