The QB Thread: Everything Carr, Stidham and beyond...

RaidersAreOne

Some important information.. A decision will come quick once the season ends. There is no waiting. 

Derek Carr signed a three year, $120.5 million extension with the Raiders. $65.2 million is guaranteed of which $24.9 million is guaranteed at signing. If Carr is on the roster on the 3rd day of the waiver period in 2023,

33 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If I’m Ziegler there are a couple of teams I call right away once the season ends. The list should start with the Jets. 

Carr playing NY, there is no way their GM falls for that. Cold weather, out doors and fans that are more negative towards their QB that Raider fans.

Before we get into the weeds with all this. Why would Carr help us trade him if he doesn't want to go to places willing to trade for him. Why not just call our bluff and make Raiders release him and he can go any where he wants. That no trade clause is going to make things difficult. Why would he say yes to playing in New York or Washington in December?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea that injury risk for guaranteed $ is scary 

Even if I'm planning on keeping him, I'm NOT playing him just in case I change my mind. lol Mark Davis will probably say to sit him, you're safe Josh. If I owned the team I force the issue even if I'm not keeping Josh either. lol Well....I am a control freak. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr playing NY, there is no way their GM falls for that. Cold weather, out doors and fans that are more negative towards their QB that Raider fans.

Never underestimate a QB needy team. Especially a team that has a solid team in place where a QB is the last thing needed. 

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Before we get into the weeds with all this. Why would Carr help us trade him if he doesn't want to go to places willing to trade for him. Why not just call our bluff and make Raiders release him and he can go any where he wants. That no trade clause is going to make things difficult. Why would he say yes to playing in New York or Washington in December?

Think this is a very valid concern but the no trade clause he has just makes sure he gets to pick his next team so it’s basically like him being a FA and getting to choose anyways. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah I'd want my release. Carr would probably talk to his family and wait to see the best opportunity. Being released gives you a lot of time if you so desire and watch what teams do what the first 3 weeks of FA before picking a team. Maybe retire and if you want to play the next year, maybe the Raiders have another new coach and want you back. lol 

The only thing that I guess wouldn’t be in favor of the Raiders is how fast they would want to get a trade done. If Carr wants to take his time then that’s time the Raiders can’t afford due to the contract.

Also I’m sitting Carr the last two games to ensure we lose. I don’t want no funny **** happening and knocking them out of the top 10 and potentially a pick in the 6-7 range. 

Winning one of these last two games would be a disaster. 

Edited by agarcia34

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Winning one of these last two games would be a disaster. 

Would it? You think there's that might of a difference between 2-3 pick placements? Why do people here act like they're guaranteed a superstar if they're picking in the top 10? You know there's no science to the draft and it's a crapshoot. There's no reason to say it'd be a "disaster" to win a game other than being dramatic

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Been saying this for years. Keeping Carr because there is no one better is not the correct mindset. He is not good enough to justify that mindset. You have to get rid of him and gamble you can find someone better, even if we have worse QB play for one season. Carr is also not terrible to the point we will ever be 3-13. He always keeps you out of QB range with his 7-9 seasons. If we go a year without Carr and go 4-12 and land a Top QB prospect, it might be good for us. 

Although I would rather trade up and get a QB this year. I don’t value draft capital as much as everyone else. I would easily give up a future 1st to move up for a QB the front office likes. 

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Would it? You think there's that might of a difference between 2-3 pick placements? Why do people here act like they're guaranteed a superstar if they're picking in the top 10? You know there's no science to the draft and it's a crapshoot. There's no reason to say it'd be a "disaster" to win a game other than being dramatic

It’s not being dramatic it’s true. 

A meaningless win would be the difference In possibly getting a pick as high as 6 to a pick that’s in the 12,13,14 range. That’s not a slight drop

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s not being dramatic it’s true. 

A meaningless win would be the difference In possibly getting a pick as high as 6 to a pick that’s in the 12,13,14 range. That’s not a slight drop

No, it's not a slight drop but it doesn't guarantee anything though. A lot of people in here seem to have this notion that there's some promise you're going to get a surefire bet at a Pro Bowl player based on where you pick. I'd like to see the numbers of success rates from picks 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 etc. I'd be willing to bet it's negligible